The next time I make it I'll try it in my multicooker and save some time. Return pork to skillet, nestling pork in the liquid. This is my favorite way to make pork chops - an oldie from TOH. Add pork to skillet; and cook until well browned, about 3 minutes per side. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high. 43 One-Dish Meals to Make in Your Cast-Iron Skillet, Do Not Sell My Personal Information – CA Residents, 4 pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 7 ounces each), 3 medium red potatoes, cut into small wedges, 3 medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch slices, or 2 cups fresh baby carrots, 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted, Optional: Cracked black pepper and chopped fresh parsley. Remove pork from skillet and set aside. Set a steamer basket on top of the pork chops and place potatoes in the basket. I follow the recipe exactly. very good recipe and fairly easy to do. I love having new recipes for the pressure cooker especially for pork chops. Even my picky children like it. ¾ pound carrots, peeled and cut into 2-in. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a pressure cooker over medium-high heat. Fantastic recipe--my husband remembers and asks for it! Top with potatoes, carrots and mushrooms. Can be made without carrots. MORE+ Sprinkle evenly with thyme leaves. I don't have a steamer basket so the potatoes just went in on top. All Right Reserved. Step 3 Delicious and full of flavor. Return pork chops to the pressure cooker pot. Remove and discard herb sprigs. I will not make THIS recipe again. Add stock, peas and mustard to skillet; bring to a boil. You saved Pressure Cooker Bone-In Pork Chops, Baked Potatoes, and Carrots to your. In same pan, saute vegetables in drippings until lightly browned. I'm always looking for an excuse to use mine. Add broth, potatoes, carrots and onions to skillet. Homemade stuffing is ridiculously easy to make, but there are a few things you can do that would ruin a perfectly good stuffing. Just a couple of minutes per side will be enough to achieve nice color. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms. © Copyright 2020 Meredith Corporation. Used boneless chops, but otherwise followed exactly--the chops were so tender they were falling apart! I added salt, pepper and a half a teaspoon of sage. This came out great. This will take about 1-2 minutes per … It's comforting and quick. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/one-skillet-pork-chop-supper Then I removed the potatoes & chops, thickened the juice with cornstarch to make a gravy. Wonder how many slow cooker recipes can be switched over. • Put packages of meat in plastic bags before putting them in your grocery cart. In a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add … Love chops but they always end of being dry by other cooking methods. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. This recipe is VERY Good. I also let the pressure cooker come down on its own and DIDN'T quick release!! Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Prepare a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or foil. Transfer pork chops to a plate. Make the marinade: in large ziplock bag, combine 3 tablespoons of olive oil, soy sauce, Worcestershire, ketchup, onion... Toss the potatoes and carrots with the … 4 whole russet potatoes, or more to taste, Back to Pressure Cooker Bone-In Pork Chops, Baked Potatoes, and Carrots. The only thing I would add is to be sure to scrape up the browned bits from the bottom of the pot if any are left after browning the chops and the onions when you put in the broth. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high. I didn't have vegetable broth so I used chicken broth and threw in some celery. • Don’t buy or use meat that has turned gray or has an off odor. It was very easy to make. If desired, sprinkle with pepper and parsley. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Great fast dish for our motorhome travels! Rave reviews! I had some mushrooms I need to get rid of so I chop them up and threw them in as well. The pork came out very dry too. Home Gear Stovetop Cookware Skillet Cast-Iron Skillet. I would not recommend anyone giving it a shot. It's important to buy bone-in chops as I think that's part of the reason why this works and doesn't dry out the pork. Don't be afraid of the time, you will only be actively preparing and cooking for about 20 minutes as the rest cooks away in the slow-cooker for 7 hours until the meat and vegetables are tender. Ingredients. Even the picky nine year old gobbled it up--thanks so much for this recipe!!! © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a pressure cooker over medium-high heat. Taste of Home is America's #1 cooking magazine. I doubled the veggie broth and Worcestershire and quartered the spuds otherwise no changes were made (and doesn't need any). I live just for my grandkids and can't think of a meal without them, I cook especially for them. Place pork chops in slow cooker. Complete this home-style meal with purchased corn muffins and crisp apple slices drizzled with poppy seed dressing. Combine the soup, water, salt if desired and thyme; pour over vegetables. We call for bone-in pork chops to maximize flavor, but boneless pork chops are a fine substitution. Add chops; cook, covered, until a thermometer inserted in pork reads 145°.