Alongside a fresh salad at brunch or a pasta at dinner, this pashtida with zucchini, grilled corn, tomatoes, and basil completes a perfect meal. Get new free recipes and exclusive content delivered right to your inbox: Your email address will not be published. So delicious! Put a pot of water on the stove to bring to a boil. We almost EXCLUSIVELY use your recipes for dinner! Love Jewish food? Thank you so much Gina!!! By That sounds delicious! Add the … It’s delicious!! My garden is overflowing and the was a great way to use my veggies! I had to use fettuccine because it was the only fresh pasta at my grocery store–still great! Prepare the Pasta: Cook a half … I’m menu planning for the next month with your site only. Already made this twice for my family! My 7 year old went back for seconds with a comment that the zucchini was “interesting” as she gobbled it up. and I’m so happy with the new feature to scale up or down the recipe. This looks so good and I’m really looking forwad to making it! I’m making this dish this week and plan on adding some shredded rotisserie chicken. has anyone ever added shrimp to this dish? Pretty easy too. All of my favorites in a bowl – cheese, pasta, tomatoes, corn and zucchini. This, like everything else I’ve tried from your page was fantastic. If I substitute dry pasta for the fresh or frozen would the amount still be the same? I used less zucchini than specified, halved grape tomatoes instead of regular tomatoes and fresh mozzarella that had been marinated in olive oil and herbs. Thank you Gina!!! https://www.thespruceeats.com/spiralized-zucchini-pasta-1450845 Thanks Gina! I love this quick, summer pasta dish made with homemade Cavatelli pasta, (can be purchased fresh or frozen in any Italian specialty store) cherry tomatoes, zucchini, corn and marinara. A colorful celebration of summer produce. Course Dinner. Add 1 Tbsp olive oil and then add the zucchini slices. Thank you! This is really good! Is the corn cooked prior to cutting from the cob? Ingredients 2 Tbsp + 1 tsp olive oil This was delicious! Stir occasionally, allowing them to become more bright yellow in color and a little bit charred. Slowly add the flour and mix continuously. I actually tripled this recipe bc im bringing to a party and wanted to have extra for us lol..i usually  add some sautéed onions and crushed red pepper..and i use jarred tomato sauce-comes out great! Made this tonight! Can’t wait to try more of your recipes. Is this cavatelli from amazon considered fresh? Yum! And I used more pasta than I probably should have. Fabulous recipe to use those farm stand goodies. Made this tonight almost exactly as written. Love your site! I made this tonight, it was delicious! My daughter and I both love SkinnyTaste. I got this one in an email, I can’t wait to get her newest (yes I have them all) she has changed my way of eating. Even my picky meat and potatoes husband loved it! This was absolutely DELICIOUS. I have everything on hand except the pasta, but I do have some dried penne. The versatile dish transports well, and there is no right or wrong way to make one. While you wait for the water to boil, melt the butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium ... Add the zucchini and tomatoes to the pan and cook them, stirring occasionally. SO GOOD! Some people in my family like meat with their meals, so I will serve this with chicken sausage on the side. Serve right away with fresh basil and additional grated cheese if desired. Wow. I don’t know if I can go back to dry pasta ever again now. Has anyone substituted frozen corn? It was a hit! Add the marinara, season with salt and pepper and cook until heated through, about 1 minute. Keyword chicken breasts, healthy dinner, pasta… Most zucchini with pasta dishes are mushy, but browning the slices makes a huge difference. Perfect to whip up on busy weeknights as this dish comes together in less than 20 minutes. Delicious pasta dish and I love that it’s full of veggies and easy to prepare! My husband didn’t know what cavatelli pasta was while grocery shopping ??? there are so many incredible seasonal ingredients available to include in the pashtida, making it extra delicious. Stand the ears of corn up on a plate and carefully remove the kernels, cutting downwards with a sharp knife. and easy. But I think he’d be happy with shrimp too. The corn adds a great sweet bite! Will definitely make again! Am making it tonight! This was delicious…I added some sweet italian sausage. If I’m using frozen corn instead of fresh, how much would I need? Or would it be the same as using any dry pasta in my cabinet? Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. I only had rigatoni on hand so I used that and also using one of your other recipes as inspiration I topped everything with fresh mozzarella! Notes: A staple of Italian cuisine, pasta is made with a dough that’s kneaded and then fashioned into hundreds of different shapes and sizes. What’ would you use to subsitute the zucchini? I just made this (without substitutions) and it is an incredible summer dish! On medium heat, heat 1 tsp olive oil and add the scallions. ASSEMBLE: Place the cooled pasta in a large bowl. I waited till the very end to add tomatoes and basil. This is delish! It was just okay,somewhat boring. Get recipes & exclusive content via email: You can unsubscribe anytime by clicking the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of emails you receive. Thanks for such a brilliant recipe! Again, another awesome meal! Also… it never occurred to me before to buy fresh pasta from the store, I have always defaulted to dry. and toss to combine. I would highly recommend this!! Moist and flavorful inside, crispy outside plus a side dish — all combined in one pan. Thought about adding some grilled chicken pieces as well to add some more protein but haven’t yet. This is a W I N N E R !!! Any idea how much dry pasta I would use in place of fresh? Shred the remainder of the mozzarella over the top of the mixture and then top with the remaining grated cheddar. Just made this tonight for dinner and it was a hit! Add the grated cheese, remaining teaspoon olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt and black pepper to taste and cook 1 minute, adding some of the reserved pasta water as needed. This might need to replace my original dinner plans tonight. What would be a good substitute? This site uses cookies to help provide the best user experience. Then I added about two tablespoons of flour and mixed it in. I haven’t tried it cold, let me know if you do! Add the last tablespoon of olive oil to the pan and add the tomatoes. Meanwhile, cook the cavatelli according to package directions,reserving some of the water before draining, then toss with the marinara and vegetables. Season with salt and … Absolutely delish, and I forgot the fresh basil !! My daughter loved it too. Made this for dinner tonight and it was so good! Reserve about 1/2 cup liquid before draining. © 2020 My Jewish Learning All Rights Reserved. Pour the mixture into the tin or dish. Stir in the dressing to preference (we add it all!) I used zucchini and tomatoes from my mom’s garden and corn from a farmer’s market. Required fields are marked *, By submitting this comment you agree to share your name, email address, website and IP address with SkinnyTaste. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Let the pan cool for a few minutes and then place it back onto medium heat. My family all enjoyed it- thanks Gina. They are on rotation at least once a week in my family!! People tried it but,there were leftovers. I modified based on what I had- so I used cheese tortellini instead of cavatelli. Thanks Gina! Do you think I can substitute heirloom tomato instead of cherry tomato? I loved this! My 5 year old said it was his new favorite dinner (I was thrilled)!! So if your cooking for 4, use 8 oz. The ingredients all seemed so simple, I wasn’t expecting the flavor to pop as much as it did. Yum. This was my question too.. My picky husband who doesn’t like tomatoes had a second bowl. I looked all over for Cavatelli.. I didn’t have high hopes for this recipe because it’s so easy and I didn’t have zucchini or fresh pasta, but in the end it was so good. I made this for dinner tonight and I added two shredded, baked chicken breast; so good! Used Orecchiette, it worked well! Will certainly make again! This was great, I made a few small changes. What meat would everyone suggest adding? Another amazing recipe.