https://www.glutenfreeyummy.com/perfect-gluten-free-pan-fried-oysters I was wondering do you have a clam chowder recipe? Keto Fried Oysters, the perfect addition to my recent seafood kick! Is it a keto sauce & can you provide the recipe please? I won’t pretend it’s not a little bit of a project. What am I doing wrong that the coating isn’t sticking and falls off in the pan?Sent by Aimee Editor: Readers, suggestions for Aimee?Next question? So any lavish ideas I had about beautifully presenting oysters on the half shell were quickly eliminated. Lesson learned! Place oysters on a paper towel and pat dry before proceeding. To add, context, at the market you’ll typically only, Now, I’m not sure what the rules look like outside of Washington, but we have to shuck wild oysters on the beach because. To put that into perspective, once the oysters were shucked, each oyster only weighed about 8 grams on average (yes, I honestly weighed them all). Melt the butter in a small saucepan over low heat, then raise the heat a little and cook at a bare simmer for about 10 minutes. It’s a 1:1 ratio of flour to cheese, so adjust to make more or less depending on how many oysters you’re frying. https://ketogasm.com/keto-fried-oysters-recipe-low-carb-gluten-free Also, just noted that nowhere does the net carb count appear on this recipe. © Copyright Gluten Free Yummy! I’m sooooo happy I found this. Now, I’m not sure what the rules look like outside of Washington, but we have to shuck wild oysters on the beach because #conservation. The clarified butter can be kept in a covered jar in the refrigerator for several weeks. The crumbs will keep in the refrigerator, loosely covered, for several days, or for longer in the freezer, tightly wrapped. Once all of your oysters are coated, fry them in your frying oil of choice until the breading turns a golden brown color. I’m not an oyster girl, but as a New Englander, I have really missed my fried clams. I do have a clam chowder recipe on the site, it’s dairy free so it’s a little different than most out the cream based ones out there: https://ketogasm.com/keto-clam-chowder-recipe-dairy-free-gluten-free-paleo/ It ends up being really low in calories, so it’s totally guilt-free. Seriously though, if you have a little tool to help pry the shell open, you’ll save yourself quite a bit of time and frustration. If you are landlocked and don’t have access to fresh oysters, you can sometimes find them in transparent tubs in the seafood section of your grocery store, and canned oysters make a decent alternative as well. Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. Your email address will not be published. I’m a nutrition author and educator dedicated to helping women succeed on keto. The information shown is Edamam’s estimate based on available ingredients and preparation. Most recipes stayed fairly light on the batter so it didn’t over-power the oysters. https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1013849-butter-fried-oysters You can’t even legally go over your carb limit by eating these. Can you even eat oysters on keto? Post was not sent - check your email addresses! There was an error submitting your subscription. Either way, enjoy your breaded keto oysters! NYT Cooking is a subscription service of The New York Times. As a former yo-yo dieter, I know just how hard it can be to change your eating habits and pin-point what works for your body. Shuck the oysters. Luckily, I have my own personal oyster shucker that doesn’t mind getting his hands dirty! In the picture, what sauce are you dipping the fried oysters in? Your email address will not be published. I'd like to receive the free email course. If you want to save yourself some calories, you can bake them on parchment paper until they turn golden instead. They are extremely slippery, so don’t try to remove the water without a strainer beneath or you may lose a few down the sink! 2020. That’s a lot of oysters! I first tried a mixture of rice, potato, and tapioca flours, but they gummed up a bit too much during the cooking process. https://www.food.com/recipe/panko-fried-oysters-for-two-54328 !” Rest assured, you can totally eat oysters on the keto diet. If it has been a while since you have enjoyed a good pan-fried oyster, give this a try, and let me know what you think. Fry each side of the oyster until the breading becomes a golden color. Q: I recently had a fried oyster benedict and have since become addicted to oysters! Transfer the oyster to the beaten egg, then right back to the flour-cheese mixture. Bob’s Redmill makes a good ultra-fine ground almond meal: Drain the oysters in a strainer. If you had a chance to read my keto clam chowder recipe, you might already know where these oysters came from. There are easier ways to fry oysters, and faster ways, too, but if you’re going to bother to make them at home, you might as well have the best way. I’m all ready to give this a try! I was super excited that we gathered more than enough to develop a keto fried oysters recipe and nail the flavors. Set aside until the remaining oysters have been coated. “But, Tasha. Aside from being one of my favorite places on the planet, the beaches along Hood Canal are Oyster Paradise. Place olive oil and butter in a saute pan over medium high heat. KetoGasm is a website devoted to helping women customize a ketogenic lifestyle. Opt out or, large, day-old French loaf or other hearth-style white loaf. Melissa Clark, George H. Foster, Peter C. Weiglin. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice. Adjust the heat to keep the oysters gently bubbling in the butter. One at a time, lightly coat an oyster in the almond flour-Parmesan mixture. They are one of the first items on a menu he will order because unfortunately, he married a woman who is gluten-free, so frying up oysters dipped in flour has never been a part of my cooking routine. Written specifically for female keto dieters and their unique physiology! Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Dab gently to remove excess water. You might want to check that out depending on the type of clam chowder you have in mind. Please try again. One of his favorite meals is pan-fried oysters. Geared with buckets and our trusty shellfish licenses, we headed out to the Hood Canal to get out of the city and catch our dinner. Turn the oysters and brown the other side, then drain on kitchen towels. Roll the oysters in the crumbs so that they are well coated, adding more if necessary. My husband called it the perfect gluten-free pan-fried oyster!