I’ve been extra healthy recently in preparation for these couple of weeks, so sadly I didn’t get to eat a ton of this cake. That’s what happened to me too. To make the whipped cream topping, place the heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar and vanilla extract into a large mixer bowl. Copyright ©2020, The Best Cake Recipes {Cakes for All Occasions}. Can you share what brand of milk is less thick. It’s topped with vanilla whipped cream for the perfect orange creamsicle cake recipe! Emotional marks are yet to be seen, but so far all is well. I’m so glad to hear you love the orange cake in the book – one of my faves! This information will not be used for any purpose other than enabling you to post a comment. *. I’ve used it as a layered vanilla cake here. 1. Pour the gelatin over … Try this grownup version of an old-fashioned favorite! This post may contain affiliate links. It goes great with the orange-flavored cake and whips up quickly. Read More…. Also, thoughts about using mandarin oranges on top instead of orange candy slices? The mixture that’s poured over the cake is a mix of sweetened condensed milk, water and orange JELLO powder. Is there coconut extract in the cake or just vanilla? Well, I’m not quite done. Keep refrigerated. But for this poke cake, I like to put in the extra effort to make fresh whipped cream. I followed the instructions. I am so happy you made an orange poke cake! You want to be sure to heat the water so that it’s hot enough for the JELLO powder to dissolve before you add it to the milk. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Just sat on top. Add a layer of half of the Mandarin oranges over the pudding. The Best Layer Cakes, Birthday Cakes, Holiday Cakes, Bundt Cakes....Cakes for every occasion! Please comment! Thoughts? You could heat it in the microwave or over the stove, as long as it will dissolve the powder. Thank you!! Ours was relatively laid back and involved plenty of food, friends and celebrating the resurrection of our Lord and savior, Jesus Christ! That’ll keep it thick and from wilting. I will be trying your other poke cake recipes as I am very fascinated . Or you will have just a soggy cake. We'd love to hear your thoughts. What the heck? As long as most of the mixture went into the holes, it’s fine. I decided to pipe some swirls of whipped cream over the spots where I thought slices would be cut and add a little orange candy slice to each. Love the vibrant colours, and I’ve actually been thinking about ways to use Jello powder in recipes. Hmmm, did you by any chance leave out the water part of the mixture? Made this today. We also completed day 4 of my IVF shots. Whip up my Orange Creamsicle Ice Cream Cake next! Who remembers orange creamsicle push up pops when they were younger? The cooler this cake is, the better! I want to use it as one of the tiers for a fondant covered cake…also I’m wondering with regular shortening cream, will the cake be strong enough to hold the top tiers? Ice Cream, Ice Cream Cakes, Ice Cream Pies. Sincerely, Carolyn Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed to make sure everything is well combined. I used ShopRite brand condensed milk. I was very surprised at how moist the cake turned out (very good!). It is still very light and fluffy and ooooh so good. Garcia. Well to add some more fuel to the fire, we poke it full of holes and drizzle a mixture of jello and sweetened condensed milk! Good luck with your IVF. It’s made with fresh oranges and zest. This seems like a lot of sugar. As for a substitute, some people use pudding, though it is thicker. This Orange Creamsicle Poke Cake is made with a homemade vanilla cake that’s soaked with a mix of sweetened condensed milk and orange Jello powder. Allow the pudding to set for 3 minutes, then spread it overtop the cake. We took Jessie on a nice, long walk and then remembered that although we are excited about all the warm weather, she actually prefers winter. Let cake cool completely. Tagged With: frui, orange, poke cake August 7, 2019 Filed Under: Fruit Cakes, Poke Cakes, We're Julie, Kinslee and Maddie, baking the world a better place one cake at a time. Can you make this cake with yellow cake mix instead and use cool whip ad still get the same results for the cake. , Thank you for the prayers! It was a beautiful day too – nice and warm. Yes, it would work. :-/ It did go into the holes, it just didn’t absorb. Add the milk, vegetable oil, vanilla extract, eggs and orange zest to a medium sized bowl and … I hope you had a wonderful Easter weekend. I was thinking of making a heavy cream and cream cheese frosting for them so it could be piped. It was a super thick mixture though. I was wondering what I did wrong. You don’t even have to pull out your mixer if you don’t want to. 3.

I love all your recipes!!! What are your thoughts on using a lemon cake mix? When I initially tested this, I just used the sweetened condensed milk and orange jello and it did sit on top. ❤️. It bakes up lovely! I wanted to – creamsicles are definitely a fave – but I did get to taste it and it was delicious! It wouldn’t be as sweet but it is thinner. This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. By submitting this comment you agree to share your name, email address, website and IP address with Life Love Sugar. You could also try upping the amount of water a bit – to maybe 1/2 cup. (Again without pokes), Hi, Lindsay I just found your website and I see alot of wonderful recipes so now I have alot of recipes to try I want to thank you for opening your website to all of us.