Try a few of our homemade products to deodorize your bathroom, and you’ll find them to be an excellent alternative to conventional products! Cut any fruits, oranges and grapefruit are two of my favorites! The wax will melt into your pretty dish and the fragrance will be released. What can I add as a natural disinfectant to your recipe to use as an additive to me humidifier . They are simple to use and easy to put together. What can help that? Use bathroom and kitchen exhaust fans to remove odors and moisture from the home. hello melissa,thank u for the recieps,i wanted to know how will i preserve for about a month without putting it in a refrigerator.because of my work sechudle,i cant always be cooking it ,is the anyway i can cook it once and the store up to get the same fragrance anytime i want without having to cook it . Now I did notice my bottle’s all say ” contain’s Fragrance and Essential oil’s ” on the back in fine print, but it work’s great with what I’ve wanted it for so far. You could try turning your crock pot on, letting it get hot like on high for 20 minutes with nothing in it, or how ever long it takes you to get your desired items together, I’d go ahead and put it on the stove top , bring it to a hard or rapid boil, and then place it over into you’r crock pot. And is very dangerous for me , do you think that this is possible? I’m going to do the spray one. Thx for these. Bear in mind you can’t go away […], […] All natural air fresheners that use essential oils. If it’s too cold out, first try to eliminate the source (clean the catbox, wipe off mold, vacuum etc) and then try simmering some potpourri or try one of these other suggestions. […] candles or using essential oils, another great way to make your kitchen smell nice is to boil some apple slices and cinnamon sticks in a pot with a small amount of water. I have concentrated solution so I can add to my 5 gallon container any fragrance. These can be used whole or ground, however, I’ve found whole spices tend to work the best. I was wondering, should I buy vanilla extract from any super shop or should I make it myself at home. Strange, right? hi, For example, I’ve heard cats don’t like citrus scents, and I can’t remember what it was about cloves and cinnamon (which would be nice for an overall home scent)…. I also happen to like the scent of vinegar and I can make some DIY smell busting projects with it. Another great video, Melissa! $11.99 $ 11. Any suggestions? It clings to your clothing, hair and skin and will stay there for hours and slowly dissipate into the air around you. © 2020 Step To Health | This website publishes free articles on natural remedies, physical and mental health, and how to take care of your body. Hello Melissa I’m soooooo happy to see your videos and it s very helpfull for my home . Thank you so much — lots of great ideas. Here are a few ways to achieve this: The next time you walk through your front door, think about your home’s scent signature. They are known for good quality and I love their products. Using it on bathroom surfaces removes stains and fights bacteria that tend to colonize there. (Could it still be saved in a mason jar for a week?) but all the strong store-bought products were offensive. You can also try making your own oil diffusers or opt […], […] candles or using essential oils, another great way to make your kitchen smell nice is to boil some apple slices and cinnamon sticks in a pot with a small amount of water. © Copyright 2020 | Clean Digital Productions Inc. | All Rights Reserved. Lasts for several days and you don’t have to babysit it so much. I’ve just moved into a sharehouse where one of the housemates uses the slow-cooker (crock pot) every few days, the house stinks from years of this, how can I make it bearable without washing the walls and ceiling? I hope you will like it too. Organic essential oils have strong, lasting fragrances that help neutralize those uncomfortable sewer odors that the bathroom can produce. See also: 6 Everyday Things You Should Clean More Often. Thanks for sharing this. And, frankly, who needs the chemicals anyway, when natural ingredients do a better job? You can get them at Whole Foods or other Organic food stores or you can order them online – http://www.mountainroseherbs.com. I place a chunk of the wax in a pretty small dish and place the dish on one of those “keep your coffee hot” little heaters. I have noticed that whe I spray my diy ,room freshener my parquet floor becomes very slippery, Looking to deodorize your bathroom in a natural, environmentally-friendly and inexpensive way? Closest thing to alchemy, I figure, only it works. Just a quick note that this article may contain affiliate links (Amazon and others) and any sales made through these links may result in Clean My Space receiving a small commission on qualifying purchases. I already use baking soda mixed into the clay clumping litter. Just wanted to share that. Once you’ve done this, place the deodorizer in a corner of the bathroom. If you truly want your home to smell fresh (i.e. Keep up the great work! What would be the best combination to control the smell of smoke odor, because someone smoked in our house. Hi Melissa, do you have any deodorizer tips for a microfiber couch thank you. Keep the videos coming. As well as cleaning, keeping the bathroom and kitchen well ventilated is one of the keys to keeping these areas of the house odorless. Put the epsom salt in the container you will be using and and shake until dissolved. i am wanting to get rid of an ungodly smell in a workshop room in my condo building. Keep your home smelling fresh and … Hi Melissa, Melissa has appeared on the Today Show, and has been featured in InStyle, Real Simple, and Better Homes and Gardens. Plus, you are hysterical…you make me smile and I love your practical advice delivered with your cool & funny sense of humor. I recently started watching your videos on YouTube, and I must say I’m really impressed… I keep watching them all through out the day… Really like using your tips , I have a question… Can you please share some cleaning and deodorising tips for baby nappy bins. It’s a simple exercise that keeps your heart healthy, helps burn calories, and can improve…, If you have greasy hair, you need to take some recommendations into account to wash it properly. I am going to try the oranges and cloves. […]. […], […] If you have to have a scent in your home, or you really need a product to eliminate odours, there are a few things you can try. Um, maybe open a window? International: Français | Suomi | Dansk | Deutsch | Română | Nederlands | Polski | العربية | Ελληνικά | Español | Português | 日本語 | Українська | Türkçe | Svenska | 한국어 | Русский | 繁體中文 | हिन्दी | Norsk bokmål | Italiano | Български. Use bathroom and kitchen exhaust fans to remove odors and moisture from the home. I have 2 cats, and wondering which scents to avoid, or which ones are best to use with cats around? Simply add 1 teaspoon of baking soda to one cup of water and 10 drops of your favourite essential oil (or a combination you love). Then look no further! 7 Baking Soda Hacks That Changed My Life! I can hardly stand to stay in her home very long. thank you. •Ingredients: 5. They still have a some good wear to them but smell a bit.