There are others which feature this. And it was much better than smacking headfirst into the water. This by no means confirms exactly what the shared cockpit functionality will be, but considering that the most recent feedback snapshot data from the team specifically mentions shared cockpit, it is exciting to see Microsoft taking this feedback into account. Shared cockpit, for those unaware, is typically seen as a way for multiple people to take control of a single aircraft in a shared environment. You’ll find it labeled as “AOA” on the left side of the screen. Here’s what it should have, The best Black Friday streaming service deals, Assassin’s Creed Valhalla patch adds 60 fps mode for PS5 and Xbox Series X. It’s also two guys eye-fucking one another.’, I would die for Animal Crossing’s new puppies, Twitch bot does nothing but check PS5 and Xbox Series X stock all day, Get up-to-the-second availability in this Twitch stream, The best Black Friday 2020 gaming deals at Best Buy, Buying a new TV for PS5 or Xbox Series X? … Do we know if the new Microsoft Flight Simulator will have shared cockpit, anyone know if they have intentions or even mentioned it? At the top of the documentation, it’s clearly read as follows: “In the multiplayer shared cockpit mode the only supported index is 1, which means that the data is assumed to be identical to all engines. This includes variables such as GENERAL ENG COMBUSTION and also GENERAL ENG FUEL PUMP. Copyright © 2015-document.write(new Date().getFullYear()); FSElite. The MS Flight Sim 2020 co-pilot update release date is … Shared cockpit functionality is a huge boon when flying Microsoft Flight Simulator’s larger airliners, including jumbo jets from Airbus and Boeing. FSElite uses cookies to enhance and personalise the user's experience. The video itself was an in-depth look into how sound is used to immerse simmers into the world and environment. August 14, 2020. It would have been a lot easier if we had done the flight lesson entirely in-game, with Duffy sitting virtually in the seat next to me. In fact, the gauge is so handy that the team at Asobo built a version of it into the HUD (when playing from an external camera angle) for every plane. Following on from that, various simulator variables then have options then list “Shared Cockpit” as an option. Even though it was a lesson and Duffy was guiding me in, I flared and landed before she actually told me to. A test flight with a professional pilot highlights a key feature absent at launch. Do you give consent to use cookies? As simmers were watching the video and indulging on some stunning eye-candy,  a few eagle-eyed viewers spotted some documentation that may point toward shared cockpit integration. Archived. The issue was that the default settings in Flight Simulator had set my altimeter wrong: I was actually about 500 feet closer to the lake than I had anticipated. The software works using a TCP server to stream control inputs over the internet and inject them into another simulator. Only once we got connected did I learn that she had never piloted a plane in a flight simulator before. In the video, a few seconds of footage highlighted that developers and simmers can change the sound environment through the detailed SDK. But on Zoom, it wasn’t quite as easy for Duffy to realize it. I took Polygon’s Nicole Carpenter for a multiplayer tour of Maui with each of us in our own planes. So, I decided to do a little experiment: I invited a professional pilot to give me a flying lesson inside the game. seasons confirmed was also a high priority for the community and that wish appears to be granted. That’s how I found myself in-game on final approach, about a thousand feet over a lake, in southwest Michigan’s wine country. It even has a rudder that drops down into the water, helping it steer more like a boat. It’s a multiplayer mode called “shared cockpit.”. Shared cockpit for Microsoft Flight Simulator. Would absolutely love this feature! “Our owners vary from never been in an airplane before to American Airlines captain,” Duffy said. Fly any addon / aircraft! According to those that reached out to us, this could indicate that developers may be able to take advantage of a similar SDK they are familiar with from the ESP platforms. Genesah Duffy is chief pilot at aircraft manufacturer Icon Aircraft. I’m happy to say it worked out all right ... eventually. It’s pretty easy to learn on.”. Shared cockpit support is planned for a future update, which will allow players to operate multi-crew setups. We were given a link to public documentation for the current Prepar3D SDK which features numerous snippets of information that closely matches that found in the video. A few days ago, Microsoft revealed their latest in their Feature Discovery Series videos. This gives a truly authentic experience for people flying multi-crew aircraft. But the A5 is also an amphibious airplane, meaning that it can land in water. The A5 is the only amphibious plane available in Flight Simulator. Icon’s chief pilot was so pleased with the experience that she plans to recommend the game to A5 owners as a good way to keep up their skills. FSElite is proud to be one of the fastest growing flight simulation websites on the market and our growth continues to show that. She’s in charge of all of Icon’s flight operations — including training flights and sales calls — around the world. It would make it a lot easier for newbie pilots to learn how to fly. The secret is the “angle of attack” indicator smack dab in the middle of the dashboard. Earlier this week, I ran into another situation where a shared cockpit would have been nice to have. The video focused all on the soundscape and how the world will come alive through the use of audio. MSFS 2020 Shared Cockpit. The A5 is also, according to Duffy, the first FAA-certified spin-resistant aircraft. Nor had she ever done a demonstration flight via Zoom, but that’s just what we tried earlier this month. It is already confirmed that there will be parts of the ESP code in the new flight simulator.