Revenge is for the petty and irresponsible. thank you! The urge to punish others has much more to do with venting frustration than correcting behavior. Am from Nigeria, don’t think ppl in this part of d world cares about that….at least not me. woops, I just realized that one of your most recent posts (the one that brought me to your blog) acknowledges that your older posts held different views about life before civilization than you do now. I’m grateful for your support! I’m really intrigued on what it wants to say. 81. Humans cannot destroy the planet, but we can destroy its capacity to keep us alive. It was this: I wish I’d had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me. North Americans are generally terrible at accepting compliments and offers of help. 3. Thanks for saying so Cassi. Here are 88 things I’ve discovered about life, the world, and its inhabitants by this point in my short time on earth. 51. That is not clear to me. The 5 Hard Truths You Need to Face and Accept in Order to Live a Happy Life 1. I personally like #36. 23. Please keep it up…. 13. Extra points if the best friend is in the room, … I mean really number 9 doesn’t make yelling a bad thing. 7. i am ur fan!! Managing one’s wants is the most powerful skill a person can learn. When people are uncomfortable with the present moment, they fidget with their hands or their minds. You never have to deal with more than one moment at a time. Watch and see. keep up the good work David. Raptitude is ad-free, and supported in part by readers like you. However, just like the first point, this one also has its own silver lining: good friends are hard to come by, but when you find one, do whatever it takes to hang on to them because they’re more precious than gold. This one went out of the ballpark....mixed metaphor....forgive me. I like this post! I allow for the twisting of perspectives that enhance the individual relaying events. Through the first 50, after reading and trying to relate them to my life, i kept thinking about my father. Thanks for sharing your wisdom. Be true to oneself and you’ll have a thousand ways to have a wonderful life. 61. The evolution of technology, such as the Internet and other forms of mass communication, has progressed enough to reach just about all of mankind.- from The Present, a free book at http://www.truthcontest.com This has been one of the best I’ve ever read. 8777 PDF, 1.64MB, 248 pages. Anyone can be calmed in an instant by looking at the ocean or the stars. But don’t take my word for it. 52. Thanks for giving so much value. Thank you for sharing David. I’ve always been happy, or thought I was. To be clear, love is real. You flatter me Gita! Order a copy. still I’m curious if this new understanding you’ve come to about pre-historic humans effects what you think of the value of civilization. You are really great. « dontforgettoknitawesome, http://s1184.photobucket.com/albums/z331/wobenzymn/?action=view¤t=wobenzym.mp4, How to Have Great Posture | Miss Cabrina Online, Favorites this week (and some Deep thoughts) | Miss Cabrina Online, Sites with quotes by sirenbell - Pearltrees, 88 Important Truths I’ve Learned About Life |, Quotes Meaningful to Me on 2.16.12 | A Thought Chronicle, 88 Important Truths I’ve Learned About Life | Raptitude.com « goldsmyth, How to Have Great Posture | PunitaChhabra.com, [Before I forget] Marmelisms ~ June 6, 2012 « Marmelisms: The Sundown Chronicles, [Truth #1] Marmelisms ~ June 6, 2012 « Marmelisms: The Sundown Chronicles, Weekend Round-up (27.02.11) « Fixations of a Canadian Twentysomething, 40 verdades importantes que aprendi com a vida « Um Bosque entre dois Mundos, 40 Verdades Importantes Que Aprendi Sobre a Vida « JUNTO MISTURADO ™, 88 Important Truths by David Cain « Bocanegra, 40 Verdades que Aprendi Sobre a Vida | International Obsession, [Truth #3] « Marmelisms: The Sundown Chronicles, 88 Important Truths I’ve Learned About Life | Thought Catalog, General Tips « Future Business Executives Anonymous, “88 Important Truths I’ve Learned” « The Dream, the Kick, and the Definitive, The 50 Most Important Realities Of Everyday Life | So Bad So Good, Best Moments « A Well-Armed Laura Ingalls Wilder, How to Have Great Posture - the zen scholar - the zen scholar, 88 Verdades Importantes Que Eu Aprendi Sobre a Vida. A good nine out of ten bad things that did happen never occurred to me to worry about. Doubt is a highlight of cyncism, which is also the epi-center of your statement. But they are yours! I come back to these whenever I’m feeling confused or unhappy in my life. Hello, I would like to subscribe for this weblog to get latest updates, so where can i do it please help out. Einstein was wiser than he was intelligent, and he was a genius. Thanks for today. Disagree with for example: nobody has it all figured. Children are remarkably honest creatures until we teach them not to be. That is what makes things the most enjoyable. The entire look of And it was entertaining. But the truth is: they do. And perhaps they are, and if so then perhaps these are fundamental worldviews being encapsulated in these words, or perhaps they are miscommunications. 72…almost every woman who ran a country started and/or finished a war. It’s just way too big for any one person to know it well. 66. 79. This was so insightful. I found you through Stumbleupon a while back and visit this list on a regular basis. Casual swearing makes people sound dumb. The problem: taking issue with things: for example when one uses different definitions for some word, requiring that all previously validated logical statements involving that word become invalidated: it’s difficult to have discussions involving such words when the two parties understand them to be different things, and midway through the discussion when it turns out they’re not the same things (and it appears, at least, that the other party is conflating different definitions of the same word, perhaps). Many times I have written irate comments too. All the more reason to appreciate goodness when we do find it. Anger reveals weakness of character, violence even moreso. Everyone likes somebody who gets to the point quickly. So many simple yet profound statements. But it was choice to put that on your Important Life Truths maybe just maybe your right. He writes weekly on his blog. This list really does ring the bells of the truth. 27. It made me think. 45. I’ve been following Raptitude for a while and this is by far the most useful single page of knowledge I can recollect coming across. If you’re waiting around for Mr. or Ms. right, I hate to break it to you: they’re not coming (and you don’t need them to). (That is if you consider this aphorism to be beneficial, I know I did! One of those things we give up trying to stay comfortable is, ironically, our own happiness. You can’t change other people, and it’s rude to try. 73. Posture and dress change profoundly how you feel about yourself and how others feel about you, like it or not. Hi David, what a great list. I really liked #73. :D, Awesome post , no. A study originally done by hospice nurse Bronnie Ware, born from little more than curiosity in her patients, the “top 5 regrets of the dying” was a blog post that eventually blossomed into one of the most viral stories in the history of the internet.