Plastic Reflector material . I want to encourage you to definitely continue your great work, have a nice day! “Modern fiber lasers, in addition to having considerably reduced the gap with CO2 lasers as regards performance, do not require an optical chain as the electromagnetic energy transfer is done by the optical fiber, allowing for necessary flexibility for an industrial process.- explains Marco Montani, process engineer specialized in laser technologies – The higher energy efficiency of a fiber laser (wall plug efficiency of 25-30%, compared to 8÷10% of CO2 lasers ) guarantees interesting savings, and that’s why research and development is now mainly focused on this technology: fiber lasers are revolutionizing the industrial processing field, offering an unparalleled combination of performance, reliability and economic advantages”. The most common reflective fabric material is polyester. But what it means in essence? All nLIGHT fiber lasers have been designed to be repaired in the field, even in production environments. Offering zero change over time and no die plate cost. QR code reader supports automatic changeover on the fly. Laser processing on reflective metals needs special fiber laser sources. Laser can cut as per any of your required designs and shapes. Essentially, CO2 lasers emit at up to 10.6μm, while fiber optic lasers emit at about the 1μm level. This means that should the laser beam be reflected by the flat sheet it can be transmitted back through the beam delivery optics, and into the laser itself, potentially causing significant damage.”, Here is a collection of materials that show the range of reflective materials that can be cut with a fiber-laser system. Well I am adding this RSS to my e-mail and can look out for much more of your respective intriguing content. With the fast technological evolution these thicknesses are constantly growing, thanks also to the development of increasingly flexible cutting heads and machines able to cut a wide range of thicknesses and materials. material you would want a CO2 resonator because it would do a better job on the thicker material. I consider you made various good points in features also. It’s great to come across a blog every once in a while that isn’t the same outdated rehashed material. The most conductive material is high-reflective material. Woah! Sheet metal bending: suggestions and “best practices”, New decree halts MECSPE 2020, causing huge, Additive manufacturing of multi-functional parts, A comprehensive Cobot solution for demanding TIG welding tasks, Long-term sustainable cleaning solutions for Metal Finishing, New simulation techniques for die casting processes, Valeo Innovation Challenge choosed the 20 teams for the prototyping phase, NSK bearings with ceramic coating benefit VSD users, Sheet metal: the non-value of set-up times, Smed as a tool for analysis and improvement, Wire and Tube Düsseldorf 7 to 11 December 2020. Going back to high reflective materials, why are they problematic for the laser? The reflectivity of silicon mirror developed by SPT Laser is up to 99. “[With a] fiber delivery cable that is properly designed, if you get that back reflection into the cable, the cable actually absorbs it so that it never gets back to the power source.”, A robot-based laser cutting system works on a highly reflective material. “The biggest drawback is that the process itself stops by getting a back reflection into the system. $10.99 $ 10. It’s simple, yet effective. Note: This material is meant to absorb light and is not recommended for direct exposure to high power lasers. I did however expertise some technical points using this web site, as I experienced to reload the web site many times previous to I could get it to load correctly. Higher reflective materials typically require high peak powers to overcome these reflectivity issues. “Highly reflective metal” is a common word that almost all metal processing practitioners know. When it comes to drilling, cutting, and welding, there is essentially the choice between carbon dioxide lasers (CO2) and solid-state lasers such as fiber optic lasers. The beam path is a completely sealed beam path inside of the robot, and there we made some adaption to minimize the risk of back reflections.   senfeng@sfcnclaser.com   +86-13210546543, Copyright © 2020 Jinan Senfeng Technology Co., Ltd. All Rights Reserved, At present, in addition to stainless steel and carbon steel, the metal processing industry also has a relatively wide demand for copper and aluminum. 2. For one, they are all popular metals that are used in myriad industries. I might be coming again to your blog for extra soon. What are the tips to choose best fiber laser cutting machines? Privacy Policy: We will never share your personal information. Note that material with non-adhesive backing will have a slightly duller (less reflective) finish than the adhesive backed flock material. Eve Zheng Shorter wavelengths create smaller, more focused spots and cut down on HAZ and other negative surface features. If the surface of the material is very smooth, the absorption rate of the laser is … Sometimes it will also cause unstable operation and destructive automatic shutdown during processing, and damage the laser device. Copper is mostly used for making high power mirrors for CO2 laser. From 2015,many manufacturers paid massive funds to study the laser source for cutting high reflective materials.And even many factories create a kind of laser powder which can reduce high reflection.This laser is more expensive,so we have long road to do research of high reflective materials cutting laser. Attualmente è Coordinatore Editoriale nella Divisione Meccanica del Gruppo per le seguenti testate: Lamiera, Subfornitura News, Trattamenti e finiture, Tecnologie del filo, Fonderia, Metalworking World Magazine, Wiretech World, BiciTech, Click The Gear, Veicolielettricinews, Meccanicanews. There are 1568 reflective fabric for sale on Etsy, and they cost $9.56 on average. I just would like to give an enormous thumbs up for the good data you might have here on this post. Non-contact laser processing. Howdy! Minimized the waste of material. Problems arise from their properties and are linked to the laws of physics, and of optics in particular, according to which each beam of light is reflected and refracted (as well as absorbed), in a more or less important way, depending on the reflective power of the surface on which it affects. I’ve saved your site and I’m including your RSS feeds to my Google account. Fantastic read! The smaller the resistivity, the better the conductivity; the larger the resistivity, the worse the conductivity. Fiber laser systems can be used to cut difficult areas. Great read! The cutting effects are affected by materials. And many laser manufacturers seek for high materials cutting lasers. 6 Yard 2 Inch Width Fabric Reflective Webbing Green for Sew On. “You don’t have the mirrors to worry about,” he adds. Laser replaced traditional knife-cutting, No mould required. I want to encourage yourself to continue your great posts, have a nice afternoon!