Awesome fall salad! When I say cooking your recipes, I mean exclusively have I followed you. I routinely make this kale salad. Made this salad twice with my daughter. Because kale is so hearty, it also makes a great … Check out the video Dried cranberries make a crazy tasty mix-in as do candied pecans or walnuts. Thanks Gina! As a whole, this is a great healthy recipe! While the quinoa is cooking, de-stem the kale, wash, and chop finely. Add the almonds to the pan and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, shaking the pan regularly, until golden brown and fragrant. I used red wine vinegar but you can use apple cider vinegar or your favorite light and fruit vinegar for the dressing! Nutrition for Kale Quinoa Salad (without dressing) provided below: Cold Sweet Potato Noodle Salad Recipe– Healthy Thanksgiving Side Dish Ideas! Immediately transfer to a small bowl. You can leave me a comment here (LOVE checking those daily!) Fresh herbs have a more mild flavor so you can totally use a little extra of each, to taste. don’t know how to puff quinoa or rice, you may be surprised how easy it is to I tasted it while mixing it all together and had to stop myself from eating a full serving! I cannot WAIT for y'all to try this superfood salad packed with edamame, kale, corn, peppers, carrots, and quinoa! It’s fast, fresh, and flipping delicious! I recommend extra-virgin olive oil for the flavor, and because you won’t be heating this oil. Her book is filled with 125 clean-ish recipes like Super Sloppy Josés, Turkey Reuben Patty Melts, Chicago Dog Baked Potatoes and Chicken Parm Quinoa Bake. Have fresh oregano and/or basil on hand? Sounds weird, but it works wonders for the flavor. Perfect for a light lunch or a side dish for a party. Ingredients 1/2 cup dry quinoa (tri color or regular white) 1 + 1/4 cup water 2 cups chopped kale 1 can chickpeas (15 oz – drained and rinsed) 1 cup finely chopped broccoli florets 1/3-1/2 cup … All you need is a deep pot or saucepan, a drizzle of oil, and The dressing is a basic vinaigrette made more flavorful with the addition of garlic and shallots and a touch of sweetness from the maple. Since that can be anywhere from 6 p.m. to 3 a.m., it’s difficult. This kale salad has great texture and is super hearty thanks to the quinoa and almonds, which add protein. I like to make a big batch of steamed corn and edamame at the start of the week so I can toss it into salads, rice, and stir-fry dishes all week long. If the quinoa pops after Hemsley and Hemsley’s quick and easy warm kale salad makes for a fantastic and healthy vegan meal. Thank you! I for one appreciate it!! it’s ready to serve. sweet enough to balance out the kale! I had honestly never eaten kale or edamame before trying this recipe. My food philosophy is to eat seasonal, whole foods and maintain good portion control (everything in moderation!). It’s also known as dinosaur kale and Tuscan kale. Once the Additionally you can add all the ingredients to a lidded mason jar and shake well. SUPER yummy. I Calculated’ the purple points for one serving to be 3. Can I reheat quinoa to take the chill off and warm up the salad a bit? Thank you! Overcrowding the pan To determine the points on the different plans you can enter the ingredients into your recipe builder on the app. This will wash any dirt off but also help soften the kale more than using cold water. It was delicious and so easy. Prepare and chop kale as needed and add to a large bowl. can prevent the quinoa from puffing! The flavors are so vibrant. Drizzle over the tahini dressing and scatter over the herbs. do you suggest refrigerating after assembling to make salad and quinoa cold or serve with quinoa warm? I fell in love with this salad at first site because it has edamame in it! Clearly, I didn’t want this kale quinoa salad recipe to just be like any other kale salad (i.e. Your email address will not be published. Finally, stir Finally, remove Thank you! I used sugar free maple syrup in my calculation. Any tips? It’s crazy tasty and a fantastic way to up your veggie intake! We have an epic quinoa salad to create! We added a cup of peas as well + extra salt and pepper. I appreciate all that you do on Skinny Taste! quinoa feta salad recipe. I like to use kitchen sheers to get it really small. Just wonderful. Okay thanks for all that you do!! With a light, fruity…. (Steam if frozen or sauté if using fresh from the cob), Spring Pea Bruschetta with Tomato and Avocado. I can’t wait to see what you whip up! earned itself a tricky reputation—some people love it, some people absolutely This kale quinoa salad will store in the fridge for about 3 days. See more 500-calorie lunches recipes (10). some quinoa! Blend it Feel free to follow suit! The dressing is a basic vinaigrette made more flavorful with the addition of garlic and shallots and a touch of sweetness from the maple. I’m so glad this salad won you both over! Meal prepping? While the quinoa is cooking, de-stem the kale, wash, and chop finely. *. I used onion instead of shallot and just lemon juice instead of fresh squeezed. After chopping the kale into teeny tiny pieces, add it to a colander and run it under warm water. ever had puffed rice or ‘crispy rice,’ we’re pretty much just working that same It was lackluster and needs something to give it oomph. A fresh, simple, beautiful vegetarian dinner option that brings some of my favorite ingredients of the season together in one nutritious dish! And it holds up to time and you can make ahead and mix in the nuts later. We loved the dressing of this salad. any kale salad recipe has plenty of crunch thanks to the hearty greens. Then, test to see if the I will be making this again & doubling to have lunch leftovers for the week! Because kale is so hearty, it also makes a great meal-prep salad option. YES! To serve, divide the kale and quinoa sauté equally among 4 plates, garnish with the orange zest. Made with fresh raspberries and poppy seeds, it’s vibrant, tangy, and just The dressing by itself will keep for 5-7 days. Toss kale with shredded carrot, bell pepper, and green onion in a large bowl… Once prepared, this recipe will keep in the fridge for 2-3 days. Ready to eat? This looks amazing! Kale and quinoa make a rockstar combo studded with carrots, corn, bell pepper, green onion, and edamame, then tossed in a fresh and flavorful homemade dressing… This meal provides 464 kcal, 19g protein, 48g carbohydrate (of which 7g sugars), 22g fat (of which 4g saturates), 7g fibre and 0.3g salt per portion. So. I often massage the kale with oil when I use it raw in salads like this simple Massaged Raw Kale Salad and in this Breakfast BLT Salad. Kale and quinoa make a rockstar combo studded with carrots, corn, bell pepper, green onion, and edamame, then tossed in a fresh and flavorful homemade dressing. Definitely a keeper ?? xoxo. First time making this recipe and I did it during a Zoom Cooking Class that I was teaching with some of my coworkers. Yum!! No problem! I like to use kitchen sheers to get it really small. So I’m trying to do meals that my daughter and I can eat around 6 and my husband can eat whenever he gets home. As written, this crazy nutritious salad is vegan and gluten-free, making it a plant-based powerhouse as both a main dish and a side! Trust me, I’m not even a fan of kale, but this kale quinoa salad has now become a fall seasonal staple for me. Massaging is the most important step in prepping raw kale for a salad.