Vermont maple syrup, and 1 diced shallot. Small gatherings with friends and family outside y, Dr. Noyes will be celebrating Thanksgiving with he, Dr. Leyse will celebrate with her household, but w, Dr. Lahey says his family made the difficult decis. That makes for a much less pleasurable eating experience, so be sure to take a few minutes to do that. Kale Quinoa Salad with Apple Cider Dressing. This superfood salad is a copycat of BrickTops’ popular Kale & Quinoa salad. To a large bowl, combine chopped kale and the vinaigrette. Looking for a healthy meal prep salad that isn’t boring? If you need more ideas for adding quinoa to your weekly menu, try one of these other recipes! If you want it to last longer than that, I would store the dressing separately from the salad ingredients so you can toss them together just before serving. To remove the stems, I like to hold a leaf upside down by the stem, and then I use my other hand to run my fingers down the stem pulling the leaves with me as I go. Subscribe to our blog. This kale salad is brightened with homemade creamy dijon vinaigrette dressing. You can also use the quinoa cooking time to prepare the dressing. Make this kale and quinoa salad! Here you will find the latest information and guidance from our experts to help you stay healthy. (The first two are on weekly rotation in my house.). Sign Up / Log In My Feed Articles Meal Planner New Pantry-Ready Recipes New Browse Guided Recipes Smart Thermometer. I like to add sliced avocado and cooked chickpeas to keep it properly combined for food combining. Make-Ahead Roasted Vegetable Quinoa Bowls, Carrot Ginger Dressing (Japanese Dressing), Best Broccoli Slaw (with Honey Mustard Dressing), Pumpkin Smoothie (tastes like Pumpkin Pie! I use slightly less olive oil in this dressing, but it still packs all the flavor I love. While squash is baking, prepare quinoa. Located in Burlington, The UVM Medical Center is a regional, academic healthcare center and teaching hospital in alliance with the University of Vermont, © 2020 The University of Vermont Medical Center 1 teaspoon Chinese hot mustard. While quinoa is cooking, prepare the cider vinaigrette by placing all the vinaigrette ingredients in a jar with a tight fitting lid. Add in the kale and toss well to make sure everything is coated in the dressing. Quinoa is a complete source of plant-based protein, containing all of the essential amino acids your body needs to build protein. Saved Recipes. In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, vinegar, honey, mustard, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, and several grinds of freshly ground black pepper in a bowl, then stir to mix well. Bring the quinoa and water mix to a boil, once boiling turn heat to low and simmer covered for 15 minutes. It was good as written (mild and sweet), but I liked it even better with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar. Combine 1 cup quinoa, rinsed, with 1 and ½ cups water in a medium pot. (802) 847-0000. I added a bit of apple cider vinegar and black pepper for personal preference, but it’s a seriously simple and seriously delicious dressing! https://www.alive.com/recipe/quinoa-spring-salad-with-simple-cider-vinaigrette Burlington, Vermont 05401 (Optional: Add 1 tsp of garlic powder and 1 tsp of onion powder and a pinch of salt to the quinoa and stir). Then remove lid and fluff with a fork. When the quinoa has cooled slightly, stir it into the dressing, along with the red onion, bell pepper and carrot. 1 tablespoon olive oil. To prepare the quinoa, combine the dry quinoa and water in a small sauce pan and bring it to a boil over high heat. Packed with juicy red grapes, crunchy sunflower seeds, and a tangy apple cider vinaigrette, this healthy salad is perfect for meal prep! This KALE QUINOA SALAD is tossed with a crowd-pleasing apple cider dressing, along with carrots, red onion, and bell peppers for a flavorful packed lunch. Toss the dressing into the kale and massage the kale with your hands to help soften the kale and allow the kale to be coated in the dressing. This kale quinoa salad should keep well for up to 3 days in an airtight container in the fridge. Austin likes it with dried cranberries and pecans on top, too. Once boiling, reduce heat to medium-low, top pot with lid, and simmer for approximately 15 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed. Peel, de-seed and chop butternut squash. But curly green or red kale works well for this recipe, too! Then add cooked quinoa, kidney beans (rinsed and drained), chopped apple and the roasted squash. Get a free 7-Day Kick Start when you sign up for my email newsletter, Your email address will not be published. I made this salad for dinner last night. During the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, the UVM Medical Center is committed to keeping our community safe and informed while providing the highest quality care for our patients. This salad is delicious! This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. of Dijon Mustard, 1 tbsp. 1butternut squash - peeled and seeded, chopped into 1/2 inch pieces 6cupskale, chopped 2cupsquinoa, cooked 12ozkidney beans, drained and rinsed 1apple, chopped 1/4cuppecan pieces 1/2cupapple cider vinegar 1TbspDijon mustard 1lemon 1TbspVermont maple syrup 1shallot, diced Preheat oven to 400 … Pour oil in … I added dried cranberries and pecans and LOVED it! This superfood salad is a copycat of BrickTops' popular Kale & Quinoa salad. ... Quinoa and Baby Kale Salad with Cumin-Orange Dressing. This post may contain affiliate links. You can add any other toppings you like to make this salad a more filling meal. 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar. Perfect for meal prep! Shake vigorously until combined. Not having used rice vinegar in a dressing before, I was intrigued! Remove from the heat and set aside. The smaller the better, so that it’s easy to get a little bit of everything on your fork later. That way you can add the rest of the ingredients on top and stir them right in! I had a jalapeño to use up, so added it in. Once the stems are removed, you can chop the kale into bite sized pieces. You can also use the quinoa cooking time to prepare the dressing. This kale salad is brightened with homemade creamy dijon vinaigrette dressing. Add rinsed quinoa and bring to boil over medium-high heat. The key to a delicious salad is using a flavorful dressing, and this one is inspired by my favorite holiday salad. butternut squash - peeled and seeded, chopped into 1/2 inch pieces, COVID-19 CORONAVIRUS INFORMATION & UPDATES. While the quinoa is cooking, remove the kale stems and chop the leaves. salt to taste. In a large bowl, … Reader Feedback: What’s your favorite make-ahead salad? To prepare the Vinaigrette: Wisk together apple cider vinegar, juice of 1 lemon, ½ tsp of lemon zest, 1 tbsp. Turns out it’s super yummy! To prepare the kale, you’ll need to remove the tough stems before chopping it. I love how easy this is to make! This Kale Quinoa Salad is my new favorite packed lunch. Required fields are marked *, Notify me of follow-up comments via e-mail.