Resting the rice for 10+ minutes is a key step with any rice dish. Thanks again for a lovely, nutritious meal . – Nagi x. Hey Nagi this is delicious! Cover and cook rice for 30 minutes on low. Add egg … Little did I know – they were VEGAN dog treats. That is how to ensure your rice comes out fluffy rather than gluey. It’s like FRIED RICE and Chinese Chicken, all made in one pot!! Plus, there’s a load of veggies mixed through so this One Pot Chinese Chicken and Rice is a complete meal! Such a great mid week meal. Thank you Nagi. 2 tablespoon vegetable oil ▢ Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a wok or a large frying pan set over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes until cooked through. Add onion, garlic and ginger, cook for 2 minutes until tinged with gold. Combine the chicken and marinade ingredients (soy sauce, cornstarch, sesame oil, and oil), and set aside while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.For more information and preparing chicken for stir fries, see Bill’s post on Chicken … All Chicken & Beef Deserts Pasta Salads Smoothies Chicken Fried Rice | Chinese Fried Rice Recipe | Tasty Foods Garlic Chicken | #EasyChickenRecipe | Simple Chicken Recipe | Bachelor's… Your email address will not be published. This way, the juices drip into the rice and we can preserve the caramelised surface on the chicken which would sweat off if fully submerged in the liquid. In a small bowl, beat egg with water. Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 4 months. YUM!!! Cover and cook 10 minutes, remove from heat, follow recipe to wilt leafy part and stand 10 minutes before serving, Chicken and Rice, Chinese Chicken, One Pot Dinner, I love hearing how you went with my recipes! Stir in carrots, celery, red bell pepper, pea pods and green bell pepper and stir-fry another 5 minutes. Place chicken across the top, pour in juices pooled on plate. Chinese Chicken Fried Rice - Tasty - Food videos and recipes Stir through stems and top with chicken. You’ll love the savoury flavour of the rice, and how the Asian chicken marinade adds great flavour with just a quick 10 minute marinade. One Pot Chicken Shawarma and Chickpea Rice, Spinach and Ricotta Rotolo (Italian Lasagna Roll Ups), Carnitas (Mexican Slow Cooker Pulled Pork). Notify me via e-mail if anyone answers my comment. Add the onion and frozen vegetables. I tried with 2 different pots. Anymore like that Nagi bring it on. Best Fried Rice, Chicken Fried Rice, Chinese Fried Rice. big bunch Chinese Broccoli with thick stems. Join my free email list to receive THREE free cookbooks! Like many recipes on my site, this recipe lends itself to all sorts of variations. Remove lid, toss rice and serve, garnished with sesame seeds and green onions. Rice: ▢ 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced into 1/2-inch pieces 1 ½ cups chicken … Stir in the garlic and ginger. Really grateful to have this one in my repertoire! In this particular recipe, I use the residual heat trapped in the pot while the rice is resting to wilt the leafy part of the Asian greens. Both Oyster Sauce and the Chinese cooking wine are what adds complexity to this sauce. Chicken Fried Rice Recipe Instructions. Add the cooked rice, soy sauce, Sriracha, and chicken to the pan. Transfer chicken to a separate bowl. So delicious but my rice was undercooked even after 30 minutes and adding additional 1 cup water. It can take more vegetables, it can be made with mince meat (ground meat) rather than chicken pieces – just cook it with the sauce then proceed with the recipe as written. 2 cups frozen diced vegetables not thawed ▢ The Sauce-Marinade is made with just soy sauce, Chinese cooking wine (see recipe for subs), Oyster Sauce and pepper. B) SEAR marinated chicken to brown the outside, but keep it raw on the inside – it will finish cooking with the rice. Apply this rule to any vegetables you use in this recipe. Stir. You could absolutely marinade overnight if you want – but you’ll get enough flavour in the dish with just 10 minutes. 1 ½ cups uncooked white rice ▢ Sprinkle with green onions and serve warm. It was so easy and so tasty. Cook for a minute further until fragrant. The Sauce-Marinade is used as a quick 10 minute marinade for the chicken before being tipped into the pot to flavour the rice. 2 garlic cloves minced ▢ Cut Chinese broccoli stems cut into 2.5 cm/1" pieces, leafy part 5cm/2.5cm pieces. Heat oil in a large pot over medium high heat. … Required fields are marked *. Mix Sauce in a large bowl. I am obsessed with all your one pot rice dishes. Cook things like carrots, peas, capsicum/bell peppers, broccoli, cauliflower and corn with the rice, and wilt delicate things like baby spinach while the rice is resting. The rice in this recipe tastes like fried rice but it’s made from scratch using uncooked rice. Remove from heat. Chinese-style ingredients like almonds, water chestnuts, mushrooms, celery and chow mein noodles combine with a creamy broth, soup and milk mixture - and chicken, of course - to form this casserole. I want to know! Remove chicken … If you can’t get or can’t consume Oyster Sauce, the best substitute in this recipe is Hoisin Sauce. Once I left the lid on too long at the end and the Chinese broccoli wilted a bit more than what was ideal, but didn’t take away from the meal. Your email address will not be published. Cook both sides until golden - about 90 seconds on each side, don't let them burn! Add a touch of oil if pot is dry. Hungry for more? !” I love that you can make my recipes your own and adapt it to your taste. Working quickly, scatter Chinese broccoli leaves across surface, clamp lid back on. The name comes from the fact that people who have it seem … Cook both sides until golden - about 90 seconds on each side, don't let them burn! It’s like a traditional Chinese clay pot chicken, but with my recipe, I have simplified the process so you don’t need to brown the chicken… Such a great way to use up any kind of greens you have on hand. Tag me on Instagram at. 2 tablespoon Chinese cooking wine or dry sherry or Mirin or cooking sake ▢ You just need to cook clever and get creative! Recipe is spot-on and satisfies adults and kids. Cover, bring to simmer then lower heat to medium. Nagi your recipes are always spot on! D) REST RICE and WILT Leafy Greens. You could even make it with fish and/or prawns/shrimp – but I’d cook them separately first and only return them to the pot while the rice is resting just to warm them through. With the added bonus of a tasty Asian marinated chicken AND veggies to make a complete dinner in one pot! (But I did. Your email address will not be published. Caramelisation not only adds flavour to the chicken but the browning left in the pot forms part of the flavour base for the rice. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Disclosure and Privacy Policy. I often get messages on recipes where readers hesitantly say “I hope it’s ok that I tinkered with your recipe….” and I always respond – “YES OF COURSE!! Remove chicken onto plate. This one is on a weekly rotation. Hands up everyone who would make fried rice more often but you never seem to have day old cooked rice when the craving hits? Melt the remaining tablespoon of butter in the pan. Not that Dozer cared. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium low heat. Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates. This One Pot Chinese Chicken and Rice starts off with a simple Asian chicken marinade that doubles as the sauce to flavour the rice. https://www.yummly.com/recipes/chicken-chinese-style-fried-rice Chicken Fried Rice Recipe Instructions Combine the chicken and marinade ingredients (soy sauce, cornstarch, sesame oil, and oil), and set aside while you prepare the rest of the ingredients… Then, once the rice is rested and ready for fluffing, the leafy greens are wilted and can be tossed through the rice. Join my email list and you will get a copy of my cookbook for FREE! Did we enjoy it, you bet your life we did. 1 small onion diced ▢ C) Place the CHICKEN ON TOP of the rice to finish cooking while the rice cooks. Rest for 10 minutes. A dollop of your favourite chilli paste wouldn't go astray either! Remove chicken from marinade, shaking off excess marinade - RESERVE marinade! In my world, this is the bare minimum I would put in a Chinese sauce or marinade – whether a stir fry sauce, noodles or a pouring sauce. Add chicken and set aside to marinate for 10 minutes to overnight. To make this recipe gluten-free, substitute the soy sauce with tamari. « Indian Coconut Lentil Curry (Healthy & Vegan), The Best Natural, Organic Wine Delivery Services Online ». I believe you can make great food with everyday ingredients even if you’re short on time and cost conscious. Brown rice will require the following adjustments: Add extra 0.5 cup of water, do not add stems or chicken in. 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce ▢ This one is quick to cook, but seems to take me a little while to prepare everything – always longer than I anticipate.