Thanks, option 3 sounds appealing, i have ubuntu VM running as well on ESXi, i have installed ipmitools but it didn't work got similar error. AHV VM network adapter not found Hello, i have a running nutanix 3 node cluster in my environment all is good. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register. The "device" refers to the BMC module and not the host. This may take few minutes2020-08-18 17:03:52,963Z DEBUG Validating hyperv: C:\Program Files (x86)\Nutanix\Portable Foundation\isos\hypervisor\hyperv\SW_DVD9_Win_Server_STD_CORE_2016_64Bit_English_-4_DC_STD_MLF_X21-70526.iso2020-08-18 17:03:52,964Z DEBUG Starting whitelist_check2020-08-18 17:03:52,964Z DEBUG in_memory iso_whitelist version: 15947171242020-08-18 17:03:52,964Z DEBUG Cache HIT: key(_()_{'nos_package_path': u'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Nutanix\\Portable Foundation\\nos\\nutanix_installer_package-release-euphrates-5.15.1.1-stable-x86_64.tar.gz'})2020-08-18 17:03:52,966Z DEBUG Finished whitelist_check2020-08-18 17:03:52,966Z INFO metadata update: {"iso_entry": {"min_foundation": "3.11.2", "deprecated": null, "min_nos": "5.5", "friendly_name": "Windows 2016 VL (SW_DVD9_Win_Server_STD_CORE_2016_64Bit_English_-4_DC_STD_MLF_X21-70526.ISO)", "compatible_versions": {"hyperv": [".*2016. Contained within the log there is Francais (the Error 2 code response)? I did it, and after that, Foundation failed with a new error message : "Failed to connect to the following IPMIs. We'll send you an e-mail with instructions to reset your password. the problem is when i create a VM and launch it i the OS starts with without the network adapter i have added 1 Disk and also 1 virtio and also the OS in separate disk configuration. This may take few minutes2020-08-18 17:02:12,846Z INFO Validating parameters. We do not allow DHCP anywhere, as in general in server environments, thats not a good idea to have IP's that could change on a whim. 2020-08-18 17:02:12,832Z DEBUG Setting state of ) @be70> from PENDING to RUNNING2020-08-18 17:02:12,838Z INFO Running ) @be70>2020-08-18 17:02:12,845Z DEBUG Cache MISS: key(_()_{'global_config': })2020-08-18 17:02:12,845Z INFO Validating parameters. In such scenario, i guess i'll setup a cheap 1g switch instead. Just an update on the IPMI issue. as well no problem accessing the IPMI web UI all normal can make any changes just ipmitool on freenas not available please help, is there anyway to test where the issues is and how to fix it/workaround? ==> Yes. Please see below all the related log messages : ==================================================================. If not, the link can be used. i'm running ESXi 6.7 with FN VM 11.2 U3 and trying to set the FAN threshold using ipmitool but its not working i get an error, as well no problem accessing the IPMI web UI all normal can make any changes just ipmitool on freenas not available. I did some research on Internet, and on some nutanix discussions forums and I found that I have to reset all the 3 IPMI to the factory state. about the shared IPMI vs the Dedicated one might indicate that you are not connecting to the active IPMI. Click here if you are not redirected automatically." ==> Yes, How many network connections are on these modes? Using ipmitool This method shows how to use the Linux utility ipmitool to perform a reset and restore IPMI factory default settings. Please below all the related screenshots : Best answer by Ange 22 August 2020, 01:43. Here are some possible reasons..…. Userlevel 7 +30. I have been trying to eliminate the need of using the UTP port because the mellanox switch we have are QSFP ports and its really expensive to use 1 for a copper SFP. The msg. Oldest first Newest first Best voted. ==> Unlike Supermicro models, Lenovo models do not have shared IPMI, that’s why I connected both IPMI and Data ports to the same switch. How many network connections are on these modes? I guess while IPMI is not a need to have, its still important. Show : Primary ESXi/FreeNAS. The third option was included as I suspected it might be easiest for you, and because I've seen precompiled versions floating around the net in the past. Register for the iXsystems Community to get an ad-free experience and exclusive discounts in our eBay Store. Please find below all the actions taken by myself : + Using VirtualBox instead of VMware Workstation to deploy the foundation VM, + Using the lastest AOS (AOS 5.15.2) instead of AOS 5.15.1.1. This method can be used to mount for hypervisor, Phoenix, and rescue ISOs, or even bootable live CD ISOs. Shell mode is necessary, otherwise the ISO will be unmounted when you reboot. At the first time, the deployment failed with this message : "Fatal running pre-install sanity tests" for each of the 03 nodes. ==> 02 connections per node (01 x 10 Gig SFP+ and the IPMI 1Gig RJ45 port) to a same basic Switch (Cisco 9200 with 24 RJ45 ports and 04 x 10 Gig SFP+ ports), If you start with a basic switch connected to the Dedicated IPMIs can you login to the IPMI? Sorry, our virus scanner detected that this file isn't safe to download. If you start with a basic switch connected to the Shared IPMIs can you login to the IPMI? Like Quote Share Tweet Share Share 9 replies. If you start with a basic switch connected to the Shared IPMIs can you login to the IPMI? if you log in to the hypervisor (not the CVM. Thank you for your responses…  I was kind of hoping that it might be a shared/dedicated IPMI issue but this information seems to preclude this…. You'll have to do your own homework, sorry! From the hypervisor, you can run ipmi tool commans. Hypervisor: ESXi 6.7 U3 SAN: FreeNAS-11.3-U2.1 Case: SuperMicro SC846 rev J 24 Bay Motherboard: SuperMicro X10SRi-F CPU: Intel Xeon E5 … Thanks. The ones you care about are: ipmitool lan print Show the current IP settings for the ipmi interface View original. No, I'm sorry, I generally run IPMI over the network because that's a necessary capability in our production environment. Let me look over your info again and see if there is anything else that stands out. I am still troubleshooting for the second issue... That is excellent news! Jon Nutanix Employee; 2576 replies 3 years ago 22 January 2017. Please try again in a few minutes. JavaScript is disabled. Thanks for the real-world insight as always. ;-), 1) Contact the IPMI interface across the network (you know, the way IPMI is intended to work), 3) Install the ESXi IPMI tools and then repeat what you tried from ESXi.