However, these are completely different tools. Hot water went into the pitcher and then I popped the lid on for it to steep. Happy #throwbackthursday, tea friends!⠀⠀⠀⠀, Happy Wednesday, tea friends! By using a tea infuser to brew loose leaf, it allows you to brew a cup of tea that tastes more delicious and is much better for you. I do, however, wish that the infuser’s mesh didn’t pick up colour as easily as it did because I found that it stained with the first use, which wasn’t very fun. But for a perfect brew, there are a few matters to take care of. I find that the handle is comfortable and I do enjoy the colour. DavidsTea’s instructions are to use 4 to 8 Perfect Spoons of dry leaf, and then fill the pitcher half-full (32oz/1L) with hot water, and then allow the tea to infuse as per steeping instructions. Required fields are marked *. Unless otherwise stated, any prices mentioned are in Canadian dollars (CAD $). TEA STORAGE 101. Rooibos is a particularly good fit for the infuser basket, because the basket catches all small needle-like rooibos particles that would otherwise escape into your cup! Hi, I'm Michelle and One More Steep is my tea blog. So long as you wash and rinse carefully between uses, this doesn’t seem to affect the taste. Making a great cup of tea depends on finding the perfect balance of water temperature, amount of leaves and steeping time. Prior to using my Perfect Pitcher for the first time, I unassembled it and washed all the pieces in warm soapy water. Many conventional teabags are not biodegradable if they contain plastic. The Perfect Pitcher holds 2L (2000mL), or 68oz of liquid. When using a tea infuser, simply place one filled with your choice leaves directly in the cup or teapot which will allow the water to circulate around tea. I liked DavidsTea’s Perfect Pitcher. I found the infuser easy to clean and to remove the loose leaf tea after I was done infusing the fruity tisane. So if you don’t spend a lot of money on tea, it might not be worth it to you if you’re not already in the market for a new pitcher (because, frankly, there are cheaper pitchers out there!). I also would like if DavidsTea produced a glass pitcher instead – I actually own a glass pitcher that I purchased from DavidsTea several years ago (designed by another company) – as I just find glass products to be generally more durable. Store tea and herbs in a … Using a tea infuser is as simple as opening it up and putting the tea leaves in. How To Use A Tea Infuser: The Math And Science behind A Brilliant Cup. A tea infuser bottle is one of many types available today for imparting taste from tea leaves into the water. Brewing the perfect tea with an infuser is easy. Since I buy a lot of fruity tisanes anyways for iced teas during the summer, it seemed like a good deal. The correct balance varies for each individual tea, so it will always involve some experimentation whenever you get a new tea. Learn how your comment data is processed. It was easy to use, I just scooped the tea into the infuser and then connected it to the lid. A tea infuser is a device used to brew loose leaf tea. For now, I’ll be using my Perfect Pitcher anyways, it’s super handy to have around and makes for some easy tea steeping. The tag boasts that the Perfect Pitcher is designed to lay flat, fit inside of a fridge door, and is made of shatter-resistant Tritan plastic (which is BPA-free). The lid and spout/handle pieces both have an o-ring-like seal layer inside for the air-tight/leak-proof seal. One of the reasons why I bought the Perfect Pitcher was because I needed another pitcher and the other reason is because it qualified me for DavidsTea’s annual Summer Tea Club.