The only problem is being able to get to them before my family eats them all. They turned out hard and I don’t know if it is because of the spray or the fact that the almonds were kind of old. Watch closely, almonds will burn quickly. Now we eat the same –tons of veggies, protein, some nuts, the occasional piece of fruit. Drain the water from the almonds. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until the almonds are fragrant and golden, about 5 minutes. Taste once cooled, add extra salt if desired. Spread onto a lined baking sheet. I can usually find raw almonds at half the price of roasted. Transfer to paper towels to cool completely, about 1 hour, before serving. What about my family’s eating plan? I keep my almonds in the freezer. Watch them closely they will burn very quickly. I stirred the raw almonds with 1 tsp of ghee and 3/4 tsp salt, then baked them as described. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until the almonds are fragrant and golden, about 5 minutes. Spread almonds out evenly on a baking sheet, sprinkle with the salt. Roasted Salted Almonds – Way more cost effective and definitely tastier. All content on elanaspantry.com is licensed and the original creation and property of elana’s pantry (unless otherwise noted). Photos on elanaspantry.com may not be used. My husband loves it when I make fresh roasted almonds. Roasted salted almonds are super easy to make at home. It’s way more cost-effective and definitely tastier. Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. However, we both eat almonds and not a lot of dessert (not even my healthy dessert recipes). Turn off the heat. OK, so our diets are slightly different. Thanks. In a bowl, toss the almonds and melted butter to coat. Honeyville almond flour is wonderful because it is finely ground and yields fantastic baked goods. Raw or roasted? Anna, thanks for letting me know you are enjoying this recipe :-). Required fields are marked *. Spread the almonds on a baking sheet and sprinkle with the salt. Tip the nuts back onto the tray and roast for 2 mins more to dry the coating onto them. Bake for 10-15 minutes until almonds are slightly browned. 3. They taste much better purchased raw and roasted fresh at home (rather than purchasing them already roasted). So, there you have it. Excellent post, used Himalayan sea salt with herbs…. Boil 2 dl (1 cup) of water and dissolve 4 tablespoons of salt in it. I bake with almond flour often, as it is tasty, easy to use, and full of good fat! Thank you so much for this recipe! I’ve been roasting a lot of almonds lately. He comes from a family of excellent cooks who love to eat. Soak for 3-4 hours at room temperature. Here are some of my easy paleo recipes that use almonds or almond flour: I roasted almonds, but sprayed them with advocado spray and salted them before roasting. I wrote the book on almond flour in 2008, called The Gluten-Free Almond Flour Cookbook. I wanted to eat more nuts, but was having trouble finding ones i liked. If you are looking for healthy low-carb recipes, check out all of my recipes that use almond flour, as well as my Keto Diet Recipes page. Roasted salted almonds are an easy healthy snack or they are a great cocktail party snack. Honeyville makes incredible almond flour, and has my Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe on the back of their bag! Well, my husband is one of the main reasons I cook and bake as religiously as I do. Bake 5 minutes, stir the almonds and bake another 5-10 minutes. Next, roast the almonds in the oven for 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit, or until they turn brown You can place them on paper towels to cool and drain. 1/2 cup distilled vinegar. Tip the hot nuts into a bowl and toss with the butter, salt and paprika to taste, until coated. Thanks for the great recipe :-)) Return nuts to baking sheet, and bake 10 minutes longer, or until lightly browned. When completely cooled store in an airtight container. Mix roasted almonds with olive, salt, and smoked paprika until you get your perfect combination. Roasted almonds are one of my favorite foods and an important part of my eating plan. Great recipe. Even yummier! December 14, 2017 Keto Recipes, Party Foods, Recipes, Snacks, Vegetarian. If you love whole almonds for snacking, you may also want to try blanched almond flour (not almond meal). Thank you. Check out our Salt and Pepper Roasted Cashews. These are delicious and so easy to make. Is the strength of the cyanide reduced when the almond is roasted? A healthy snack that’s cheaper if you make them yourself. Place the nuts in a large bowl; toss with salt and oil. https://www.sbs.com.au/food/recipes/roasted-and-salted-almonds I don’t bother with this step. It has easy paleo recipes for everything from birthday cake to chicken fingers, and I think you’ll love it! In a bowl, combine almonds and vinegar. I APPRECIATE ALL YOU DO FOR ALL OF US :-)), Sandi, I’m using sweet almonds, rather than bitter here so I don’t worry about the cyanide levels :-). Pour the almonds into the water and let them soak for about 20 minutes. Toss the almonds and melted butter together in a bowl.