Drizzle maple syrup or butter over the pancake for garnishing. Now the wait is over, with this quick and simple copycat cracker barrel recipe you can make a delicious pancake in no time. Nobody likes tough pancakes. No mess plus your pancake stays flat and even. In my experience, you need to make sure that your cooking surface is well greased or you get leathery pancakes. You can contact me here. In this way, I never get bored of the same pancakes. You want to mix the dry ingredients and wet ingredients separately before whisking them together in one bowl. Never overmix your batter! It is simple to cook and easy to make in no time. Lightly mix this mixture until flour is well mixed with the rest of the ingredients. We’ve expertly recreated the masterpiece breakfast you find at the Cracker Barrel restaurant. I'm Kim. Pancakes are the perfect weekend breakfast and buttermilk pancakes from Cracker Barrel are my absolute favorite! We are sorry that this post was not useful for you! Here’s how to make them extra fluffy! You can also use chocolate syrup to serve the delicious cracker barrel pancake. Grease your griddle with butter and pour in 1/2 cup of batter. Avoid overcooking of the pancake to keep golden and soft. We also participate in affiliate programs with Thrive Market, Shareasale, and other sites. Now you know how to make a good cracker barrel pancake with the same flavors and texture right in the comfort of your home. Cracker barrel pancakes always make you want more every time you have them. Start with the batter and then prepare the griddle to cook the pancakes. When your batter hits the hot griddle, those lumps will melt together. Keep this barrel pancake batter aside and prepare the pan for cooking. Take your milk and eggs out of the fridge early or warm them up in the microwave for a few seconds. You can actually make your very own Cracker Barrel pancakes! Besides Nutella or chocolate syrup, peanut butter is the next best thing that people of all ages love to enjoy with their pancakes. Your email address will not be published. Well when you look at the ingredients, they do not seem so different in comparison to other pancake ingredients, but it is the proportion that makes all the difference. This website is where I share unique recipes, tips and cooking inspiration that will allow your culinary skills flourish. I personally like strawberries and blueberries with everything as they taste sweet and refreshing. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Perhaps it all depends on you, how do you like your pancakes. Be sure to brush the griddle with melted butter before pouring the batter. It can be any combination of healthy fruits that you decide to add to these buttermilk pancakes. And eventually, I found a perfect cracker barrel copycat recipe for my family. You can test if it’s hot enough by adding a few drops of water. For batter that makes the fluffiest pancakes, make sure your wet ingredients are all at room temperature. This step will take a bit more time, but it’s so worth it! *** I absolutely adore the pancakes served at Cracker Barrel, especially their pecan pancakes. If this fluffy breakfast treat is what you’re looking for, we’ve got some good news. Make sure your griddle is hot enough! It is one good way to add variety to the breakfast. Here you'll find simple and delicious recipes that you can make in 30 minutes or less. To my surprise, the very first batch that I cooked turned out to be great, and my family simply loved them. Here are some simple yet delicious ideas to go for when you are serving these fluffiest pancakes on the table. 2 cups flour (measured with a spoon, not sifted), 2 1/3 cups low fat buttermilk (1% or less). If you don’t have a hot plate, which is likely the case with most of us, then simply use a nonstick flat pan for cooking the pancake. Voila! Enjoy these Cracker Barrel Pancakes in the comfort of your very own kitchen! * The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. Update: I have double checked the baking soda amount and it is indeed 2 tsp. This recipe uses quite a bit of baking soda and giving the batter a few minutes to set allows the baking soda to activate. That’s okay! So, add these pancakes to your breakfast menu and let us know how tasty and soft you found them? Be the first to rate this post. And the reason I use this copycat recipe is that all its proportions work for me as it provides five servings each time I prepare it or 12 pancakes in total. Dairy-free buttermilk for your pancakes! Your email address will not be published. Now take another mixing bowl and crack the egg in this bowl. Add flour, baking soda, salt, and sugar and mix just until combined. Pancakes are the perfect weekend breakfast and buttermilk pancakes from Cracker Barrel are my absolute favorite! You can actually make your very own Cracker Barrel pancakes! You can use it for hashbrowns, french toast, grilled cheese, and all sorts of crispy sandwiches. Spread a thin layer of peanut butter over the pancakes before serving; then, you can also add a drizzle of chocolate syrup. Morning has never been so sweet. So, every time I make these pancakes, I try to serve them with different topping or side. Hey there! Required fields are marked *. Selection of fruits such as blueberries and strawberries (optional). I’m a food enthusiast living in the United States, a wife and a mom to my two beautiful kids. You want them pillowy soft and extra fluffy. If this fluffy breakfast treat is what you’re looking for, we’ve got some good news. These ideas work best when you are serving the pancakes in the breakfast, but you can always use them to serve as a snack. You can also add crispy bacon to the plate to complete your breakfast menu. Follow this recipe and enjoy this delicious breakfast at home. The exciting part is that due to their neutral taste, they can be served in a variety of ways, you can either serve them with scrambled eggs or crispy bacon in the morning, or you serve them with a Nutella spread or maple syrup on top. Once your batter starts to bubble and the edges are set, flip your pancake and cook for another two minutes. This recipe comes from the Cracker Barrel Cookbook. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and buttermilk. Although pancakes made "from scratch" require a little more effort than those whipped up from a box mix, the results are well worth it. Continue adding the dry flour mixture and beat the mixture well until a smooth and creamy cracker barrel pancake batter is made. I love running, cooking, and curling up with a good book! For this recipe, you want it to be 350 degrees F. Preheat a pancake griddle to 350 degrees F. Prepare the butter by leaving it out at room temperature. No need to get the kids dressed or even get in the car. The first step is to lift the edge with your spatula. Copyright © 2020 InsanelyGoodRecipes.com - Quick & Easy Recipes There’s just something about a stack of soft, fluffy pancakes topped with warm syrup. With simple ingredients and correct proportions, even the cooking beginners can make these pancakes like a pro. document.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "adff6e9b83ab7c6041cc1e3c8693a15a" );document.getElementById("f7965afc80").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. There’s just something about a stack of soft, fluffy pancakes topped with warm syrup. Once they’re combined, your batter is ready. I love running, cooking, and curling up with a good book! If it’s ready, position your spatula all the way underneath and flip it over with your wrist instead of your elbow! You want your pancakes to cook evenly and the best way to do this is to cook them on an electric griddle! Contact Us, flour (measured with a spoon, not sifted), Click Here to Get Our Top 10 Quick & Easy Dinner Ideas. With just 7 ingredients, you can make these fluffy pancakes in 15 minutes or less. This buttermilk cracker barrel pancakes recipe is right on the money when it comes to creating a copycat recipe. The use of buttermilk, along with some butter, gives these pancakes a distinct flavor and an earthy aroma. If you are not ready to serve them immediately after cooking, then always keep them covered in a plate with a plastic wrap. Your edges will be crispy and delicious, just like Cracker Barrel's.