The longer time it has to sit, the better the flavor. Place on cookie sheet and flatten slightly, bake for 15 minutes on each side at 350°F. 1 1/2 cup diced cucumber (about 1 cucumber). Sprinkle with a generous amount of salt to help the zucchini release more moisture. Use ½ cup of flour as a starting point. Do you know what temperature the oil was for frying? Dana C.: I normally pan fry them but you could also deep fry them or even bake them. I have 10 zukes sitting on the counter from harvest, and I will be making these tomorrow (hoping to freeze a few ~ any ideas on that would be great, i.e. When I went to Greece on vacation last year, at one of the restaurants we went to we decided to skip having a main course and we ordered a bunch of mezes or appetizers to share. Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. Does that make us tacky Americans? I want to make this you are making my mouth water. If you skip this step, the fritters will take on the oil and become soggy. I’ve also got this American Greek Salad from Kalyn’s Kitchen on the menu (for the same night). Store fritters in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. I have fixed it! Oh MY – these look tremendous! Thanks for sharting such yummy ideas! Amy T: Although I have not tried it, you should be able to bake these. This dish is best served hot and right from the pan! Individually wrap fritters in cling wrap / plastic film, then pop in an airtight container or freezer bag and store for up to 1 month. I had to come back to comment on the photo too, excellent job. If you find the batter too wet and not holding, add in a bit more flour. I made these and loved them! Cook It Real Good is a food blog that focuses on making the most of simple ingredients. Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Instagram. Add the beaten eggs, bread crumbs and salt. Even my kids eyes light up when they taste a fritter! https://vayiaskitchen.com/kolokithokeftedes-greek-zucchini-fritters Reheat in the oven - 180C / 350F for 10 mins or until cooked through. no, no, your spelling was correct!! They were found on one of our "street" food ventures while market shopping, so I never had the oppotunity to watch them being made. If you aren’t serving them immediately, place in an oven proof dish and cover loosely with foil and keep warm in your oven on a low setting. These look fantastic and I can't wait to make them soon! Mix the flour and baking powder in a small bowl and sprinkle about half the amount over the zucchini … How unusual!. The picture steps show 3 egg yolks, is that how many eggs the recipe needs? And yes, “SHUGARY” is spelled correctly. Privacy Policy. All content, recipes and photography are the copyright of Vayia’s Kitchen. Thanks for this recipe! If you would like to adapt one of my recipes, please be sure to link back to the original post. I made them tonight and loved them! Fry them in the oil about 5-6 minutes until golden brown all around. It’s a take on my last name. Mix all ingredients together in a medium sized bowl. sounds great ! Enjoy. My only concern would be them getting mushy the longer they sit. 3 medium sized zucchinis for this recipe - which is roughly 400g / 14 oz before grating. Feta is my favorite and I've been experimentingwith it with different vegetables. Cook for 3-4 minutes each side until golden and crispy. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds. Make sure you squeeze the excess moisture out of your zucchini. Pop fritters on a baking tray lined with baking paper or a silicon mat, and place tray in the oven for 10 minutes, or until fritters are heated all the way through. They are delicious! Perfect to make a few batches in late fall when you have TONS of zucchini. Your email address will not be published. Your email address will not be published. Cook for about 5 minutes, until most of the water in the skillet has evaporated. Add more oil if it dries out completely. I actually substituted Feta for Goat cheese, as this is what I already had in my fridge. These cookies do not store any personal information. The salt will help draw out the liquid. Serve them up with a side of homemade tzatziki sauce and pita bread! Don't overmix here as that can create dense fritters. Vayia’s Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Having gone vegetarian,  over four months ago, then giving it up again (I think I just like meat too much, what can I say) I found a new love for meatless meals. Your email address will not be published. I've never seen them before but they look and sound delicious. Oct 5, 2020 - Greek Zucchini Balls are crispy on the outside, fluffy on the inside, flavored with salty feta and mint. My Greek heritage has filled my heart with a deep love of cooking and sharing those home-cooked dishes with friends and family makes my heart sing.