Copyright © 2020 LoveToKnow. Example sentences with the word fish-out-of-water. Club 9 is uproarious slice-of-life, fish-out-of-water comedy as crafted by the inimitable creator of What's Michael? It’s their natural habitat—the water is where they are most comfortable! What is another word for fish out of water, What is the opposite of fish out of water, Sometimes, a person dressed in the most expensive clothes can look like a, Once I went to the press box, I instantly became a, Lenny is a tender soul, which makes him a, A pitcher at bat is usually considered such a, During England's flukey draw with Italy, quite a few of our players looked like, Many stay-at-home fathers find that they are, Somehow, the two young ladies felt the chilly presence of a tentacled, Yet despite my new approach and my daughter's seeming obliviousness to the meaning of the songs sung during that hour, I always felt like a. The fish … The word usage examples above have been gathered from various sources to reflect current and historial usage. 7. All Rights Reserved. Like a fish out of water definition: If you feel like a fish out of water , you do not feel comfortable or relaxed because you... | Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples being uncomfortable and restless; falling into the state of confusion; to feel awkward due to a specific/strange situation; being in an unusual situation; not feeling relaxed ; away from the familiar environment; Example Sentence. Learn more Got it! Definitions by the largest Idiom Dictionary. 3. 20 sentence examples: 1. Definition of a fish out of water in the Idioms Dictionary. Indeed, everyone knows that fish belong in the water. What does a fish out of water expression mean? a fish out of water definition: someone who is uncomfortable in a specific situation: . 2. I was like a fish out of water and desperately lonely. The Origin Of ‘Fish Out Of Water’. The series, which employs the classic fish-out-of-water concept, debuted on Fox in July 2004. Example sentences with the word fish. This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience. How to use fish in a sentence. I felt like a fish out of water in my new school. What does be like a fish out of water expression mean? Definition of be like a fish out of water in the Idioms Dictionary. In the city he is a fish out of water with absolutely no sense of direction. The man, however, is like a fish out of water, squirming and writhing. Be like a fish out of water - Idioms by The Free Dictionary. Meaning | Synonyms. uproarious slice-of-life, fish-out-of-water comedy as crafted by the inimitable creator of What's Michael? This phrase comes from how out of place a fish looks once they are out of the water. be like a fish out of water phrase. Once I went to the press box, I instantly became a fish out of water. "Like a fish out of water" was an apt description of how fish example sentences. They do not represent the opinions of YourDictionary.com. With my working - class background I feel like a fish out of water among these high - society people. I'll believe it when they fish his body out of the drink, ... and the manufacture of salt from sea-water and of lime are carried on in many localities. 8. fish-out-of-water example sentences. a fish out of water. Learn more. I might be a fish out of water, but I reckon I've heard them all. Definitions by the largest Idiom Dictionary. a fish out of water phrase.