Please try again. April 2019, Rezension aus Deutschland vom 8. I first got to know about her via youtube and so I knew most of the short stories in this book, but non the less it's utterly beautiful written. Heute ist das Video Kult und auf youtube mit 50 Mio. Something went wrong. ISBN: 978-3-424-35094-4. Benaim schreibt über die Hoch- und Tiefs des Lebens. This shopping feature will continue to load items when the Enter key is pressed. Start by marking “Depression & Other Magic Tricks” as Want to Read: Error rating book. 1500 Instant Discount on HSBC Credit Card EMI transactions. 1 hour) but the content is repetitive and I found the narrative quite annoying in fact. However, while I found some aspects of this book to be profound, I found the majority of it (what there was of it, for it wasn’t very long) rather dull. Bitte beachten Sie, dass wir uns die Freigabe von beleidigenden oder falschen Inhalten bzw. From the other reviews, I was expecting a magnum opus of revelation. Get 10% up to ₹150 back, pay with Amazon Pay UPI. But I enjoyed so much seeing her reading/feeling the beforementioned poem that I thought "Why not? Depression & Other Magic Tricks is the debut book by Sabrina Benaim, one of the most-viewed performance poets of all time, whose poem “Explaining My Depression to My Mother” has become a cultural phenomenon with over 5,000,000 views. I plan to use some pieces in my English classes (Gymbasium NRW). 5 star 86% 4 star 7% 3 star 3% 2 star 2% 1 star 3% Depression & Other Magic Tricks (Button Poetry) by Sabrina Benaim. However it is a very thin book and is not worth £10. In ihnen beschäftigt … © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer. Words to make you dream, words to make you cry but always words to make you love. See 1 question about Depression & Other Magic Tricks…. Happy, Okay? by Button Poetry. Wenn man an Depressionen leidet, sollte man jedoch besser zu einem anderen Werk greifen, denn wirklich erhellend oder aufbauend ist dieses Büchlein in meinen Augen nicht. Andrea Gibson, author of Take Me With You writes "I read this book on a day I couldn't get out of bed and it made me feel like I had a friend in the world...Simply put, this book disappears loneliness. Some poems were beautiful (especially the ones on mental health) but some were just okay so it's hard to rate as a whole. Ob ich allerdings das dasselbe/das gleiche Werk 2x lesen will? Wish there was more, Sabrina is fantastic at expressing herself. The Penguin Anthology of Twentieth-Century American Poetry, 100 Selected Poems, Emily Dickinson: Collectable Hardbound edition : Collectable. The magic trick of this collection is that. Depression & Other Magic Tricks explores themes of mental health, love, and family. As stated, there wasn’t much to read, and as a person with a similar medical condition I found it uninspiring. Some poems definitely resonated with me more than others - the romantic ones I didn't connect with much, but the ones about sadness and loneliness I felt in my bones. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in. I suffer with depression I like the layout of the book and the poems. Do read these words, they make life liveable and loveable again. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. Wiederholen Sie die Anforderung später noch einmal. I image it would have been helpful during my depression - making me feel less crazy the same way Susana Kaysen's Girl Interrupted did. This is for the rest... To see what your friends thought of this book. I was very excited when I saw that she was publishing a book, and was expecting it to arrive. I think it should be reduced hence one star removed. November 2017. November 2018. Do read these words, they make life liveable and loveable again. 4.7 out of 5 stars. Previous page of related Sponsored Products. Sie hören eine Hörprobe des Audible Hörbuch-Downloads. From the other reviews, I was expecting a magnum opus of revelation. Do read these words, they make life liveable and loveable again. The words are beautiful, honest and raw, but the reading is ground-shattering, tearful and anxious, on the verge of a collapse that brings out your best, empathetic self. Manchmal ist es jedoch nur eine sinngemäße Übertragung. I think it should be reduced hence one star removed. It felt like I was allowed to see what it's like to be in Sabrina Benaim's head, which is an incredible precious gift to offer. Sie lebt in Toronto/Kanada. Congrats! Wrong of me to think that. Sabrina Benaim is a performance poet popular on Youtube, and I had heard of her poem she wrote to explain her experience with depression to her mother. Mit ihrem außergewöhnlichen Gespür ergründet sie die Tiefe der Seele und schafft durch ihre kraftvolle Poesie einzigartige Lesemomente. First heard these magical words on one of Sabrina's perfomances on Youtube. This was really well written but I'm a little torn on it. Depression & Other Magic Tricks is the debut book by Sabrina Benaim, one of the most-viewed performance poets of all time, whose poem 'Explaining My Depression to My Mother' has become a cultural phenomenon with over 50,000,000 views. Even as a male reader I found myself able to really feel the depth of each page. But then this isn't for you. Find all the books, read about the author, and more. I really enjoyed reading this collection of poems. Unlimited FREE fast delivery, video streaming & more. However it is a very thin book and is not worth £10. 626 customer ratings. Juli 2019, Rezension aus Deutschland vom 20. 4.7 out of 5. Depression & Other Magic Tricks explores themes of mental health, love, and family. It depends on the type of person this 14 year old is. Amazon directly manages delivery for this product. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. Sabrina has written poems for ESPNW, The Government of Canada, & most recently, made her Canadian television debut with Sport Chek, writing & voicing the third instalment of their #WhatItTakes Olympic Manifesto video series. Apke Avchetan Man Ki Shakti आपल्या अवचेतन मनाची शक्ती (The Power of Your Subconscio... "I read this book on a day I couldn't get out of bed and it made me feel like I had a friend in the world. While I loved her on button poetry with her poem "Explaining depression to my mother" I have to say that this book didn't work for me. Read Depression & Other Magic Tricks (Button Poetry) book reviews & author details and more at Amazon.in. Ihre Leserstimme wird ausschließlich mit dem von Ihnen angegebenen Namen veröffentlicht. It is a documentation of struggle and triumph, a celebration