“Thank you kindly, ma’am,” he said. Completed (41) Interstellar (16) Short (10) Omegaverse (10) The beta is a beta. “Oh, sure, some. She carried them back and gave them to him. “It’s the budding that takes the most care,” she said hesitantlv. Back at the chrysanthemum bed she pulled out the little crisp shoots, trimmed off the leaves of each one with her scissors and laid it on a small orderly pile. “I don’t know how to tell you.” She looked deep into his eyes, searchingly. Before she was finished she heard the little thunder of hoofs and the shouts of Henry and his helper as they drove the red steers into the corral. The wagon turned and crawled out the entrance road and back the way it had come, along the river. See the video story below, Philippine Legend Stories Video. His face fell to an exaggerated sadness. Elisa looked up. The thick willow scrub along the river flamed with sharp and positive yellow leaves. Her hesitant fingers almost touched the cloth. “All right, then. You got any of them things to do?”. Regards for sharing with us your blog site. “Good as new I can fix them.” At the back of his wagon he set a little anvil, and out of an oily tool box dug a small machine hammer. Hot and sharp and—lovely.”. It was full of hot water from the noonday cooking. He said, “It’s nice, just like you say. With her trowel she turned the soil over and over, and smoothed it and patted it firm. The man leaned farther over the fence. “How do you know? Elisa watched them for a moment and then went back to her work. That wouldn’t have been much trouble, not very much. “Scissors is the worst thing,” he explained. The chrysanthemum flower is a constant presence. Short. I can make it like new so you don’t have to buy no new ones. It would be good for both of us. Her shoulders were straight, her head thrown back, her eyes half-closed, so that the scene came vaguely into them. What a nice way to describe them.”. You can feel it. Nice choice of photos to use, too. I have no idea how to use this I need this book for a project! She held the flower pot out to him and placed it gently in his arms. The caravan pulled up to Elisa’s wire fence and stopped. They’re with the plant. ( Log Out /  I’ve read how the fighting gloves get heavy and soggy with blood.”. She took off a glove and put her strong fingers down into the forest of new green chrysanthemum sprouts that were growing around the old roots. On every side it sat like a lid on the mountains and made of the great valley a closed pot. You can put on your coat while I’m starting.”. “No,” she said shortly. Encontre ofertas, os livros mais vendidos e … She pulled it here and pressed it there. Elisa Allen, working in her flower garden, looked down across the yard and saw Henry, her husband, talking to two men in business suits. Genre: Short. You don’t have to buy no new ones.”, “Oh, fifty cents’ll do. Here is a short visual depiction of one of the Philippine legend stories “The Legend of the Chrysanthemum ”. “He had to keep the pot. She spread the leaves and looked down among the close-growing stems. It’s good to eat away from home.”, “All right, then. It was a time of quiet and of waiting. “I don’t know. On the foothill ranches across the Salinas River, the yellow stubble fields seemed to be bathed in pale cold sunshine, but there was no sunshine in the valley now in December. Millions of books are just a click away on BN.com and through our FREE NOOK reading apps. Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com. You didn’t know what you said.” She grew complete again. I raise them every year, bigger than anybody around here.”. Got nearly my own price, too.”, “And I thought,” he continued, “I thought how it’s Saturday afternoon, and we might go into Salinas for dinner at a restaurant, and then to a picture show—to celebrate, you see.”, “Good,” she repeated. “Yes. In the short story, “Chrysanthemum,” by John Steinbeck, the title tells the audience to pay close attention to the chrysanthemums in the story and how they affect the story. We’ll go in town about five and have dinner at the Cominos Hotel. He leaned confidentially over the fence. “Does this dirt road cut over across the river to the Los Angeles highway?”, Elisa stood up and shoved the thick scissors in her apron pocket. Then she dug ten parallel trenches to receive the sets. We get so heavy out on the ranch.”, “Henry,” she asked, “could we have wine at dinner?”, She was silent for a while; then she said, “Henry, at those prize fights, do the men hurt each other very much?”, “Well, I’ve read how they break noses, and blood runs down their chests. Chrysanthemum did not think her name was absolutely perfect. The mongrel dog took his place between the back wheels. I’ve a gift with things, all right. Do you see? I know folks on the highway clear from Seattle to San Diego. Underneath the wagon, between the hind wheels, a lean and rangy mongrel dog walked sedately. Two cranes flapped heavily over the willow-line and dropped into the river-bed. When the night is dark—why, the stars are sharp-pointed, and there’s quiet. “I’m off my general road, ma’am,” he said. He does not look behind him. .. "The Chrysanthemums" When she had dried herself she stood in front of a mirror in her bedroom and looked at her body. “Oh, no,” she said quickly. It’s like that. On her first day of school, Chrysanthemum learned that others did not think her name was perfect. "The Chrysanthemums" is a short story by John Steinbeck that was first published in 1937. “I s’pose I can’t take none to her, then.”, “Why yes you can,” Elisa cried. “I tell you I have nothing like that for you to do.”. They do it themselves. They were from the Western Meat Company. “Oh, yes. She brushed a cloud of hair out of her eyes with the back of her glove, and left a smudge of earth on her cheek in doing it. About the author Shreya Sharma. That’s why I have all them satisfied customers up and down the highway.”, Elisa brought him a fifty-cent piece from the house and dropped it in his hand. And I can beat the dents out of little pots. Across the river, on Henry Allen’s foothill ranch there was little work to be done, for the hay was cut and stored and the orchards were plowed up to receive the rain deeply when it should come. Now remember this. Although his hair and beard were graying, he did not look old. They’ll take root in the pot if you keep them damp. “Yes. “It must be very nice. Last time I was mending a copper-bottom washtub for her (that’s a hard job but I do it good), she said to me, ‘If you ever run acrost some nice chrysanthemums I wish you’d try to get me a few seeds.’ That’s what she told me.”, Elisa’s eyes grew alert and eager. Then she picked up the little pile of shoots she had prepared. She crouched low like a fawning dog. ( Log Out /  It was an old spring-wagon, with a round canvas top on it like the cover of a prairie schooner. But it sure does the trick.”. It’s a little bobbit kind of thing, and patented. Chrysanthemum was absolutely perfect as a daisy. SparkNotes is brought to you by Barnes & Noble. Excellent option for students. Get ready to write your paper on "The Chrysanthemums". “That’s it. “Oh, those are chrysanthemums, giant whites and yellows. You think I look nice? Her eyes blinked rarely. Pingback: Nine of Pentacles: Venus in Virgo | Completely Joyous, Pingback: english II essay 2 | Homework Cage, Pingback: english II essay 2 | Homework Galaxy, Pingback: english II essay 2 – Best School Essays, Pingback: literary analysis essay 13 | Graduate Assignments Help, Pingback: Literary analysis essay - timelyhomeworks, Pingback: Literary analysis essay - greatnursingessays. “Well, it sure works with flowers,” he said. She heard her husband calling Scotty down by the barn. Elisa took off her gloves and stuffed them in the apron pocket with the scissors. She stood his polished shoes on the floor beside the bed. Elisa Allen, That will be good.”, Henry put on his joking tone. “Did you ever hear of planting hands?”, “Well, I can only tell you what it feels like.