Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. Drying and grinding cassava into powder results in tapioca, used in tapioca pudding … My recipe is simpler and more straightforward than other cassava cake recipes, only uses 1 bowl and no mixer necessary! In a large bowl, stir all ingredients - but only half of the condensed milk - until combined. Preheat oven to 350F. I have to give it a try. In a large bowl, stir all your ingredients until combined. Now that we’re familiar with our ingredients, time for cake! Don’t be scared lol! Which frustrates the heck out of me because I wasn’t born with that magic baking and cooking talent; I need a recipe! We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Did you make cassava cake with macapuno? Hi Ginny! It’s best served warm though so I just microwave the slices for 20 seconds or so out of the fridge. Make’s for easy clean-up! The cake is soft and tender and the topping is perfectly sweet and toasted. by Jolina 22 Comments [This site contains affiliate links. Carefully remove the cake from the oven – keep the oven on – and spread the rest of the condensed milk on top. Very easy to make and so delicious!). DON’T OVER-BROIL. Cassava cake is a popular merienda (snack) or dessert and is often served during special occasions like Christmas and fiestas. LOL! Watch your cake like a hawk because the top turns brown fast. Time to make one again.Thanks for the reminder. Just make sure to watch the cake so it doesn’t burn. I’ve never tried this before. DON’T OVER-BAKE. Hi Jolina! But how do you really achieve a melt in… Continue reading Cassava Cake with Macapuno and Cheese I like trying new cuisines. Just remember to watch your cake because broiling can easily burn it. I think my mom’s cake is still the best. I’ve never tried this or heard of this before. WATCH BAKING TIME. Have a good day! Mix all ingredients in a mixing bowl except butter. HOW TO CUT PERFECT SQUARES. We’ve had Cassava cake before in the Domincan Republic and it was delicious. BAKE. This blog was started in 2012. 1. You might also be wondering what macapuno is. I’ve been wanting some cassava cake but I can’t find any in here. Privacy Policy & Terms of Use. Thanks for sharing the recipe. This is a very forgiving recipe. But like a lot of moms, she doesn’t have a recipe for it. 3. Copyright 2016-2019. STORAGE. I'm Jolina and I'm definitely a late bloomer, a thoroughly unexpected baker. Another Filipino favorite! CARAMELIZE. Looks good! Ingredients: 2 packages (4 cups) grated cassava 1 can coconut milk 1 can condensed milk 1 bottle sweetened macapuno/coconut strips (use 3/4 only) 2 eggs 2 teaspoon vanilla 1/4 cup butter, melted for baking tray 1/4 cup sugar (optional) Toppings Continue reading Cassava – Macapuno Cake Recipe→ Cassava cake is one of my favourite Filipino desserts too. It’s okay if the top of the cake is still bubbling. Love how creamy this cassava cake is! It’s hard to over mix the batter; but you can over bake the cake. Take the cassava cake out of the oven (careful, it’s hot!) Some cassava cake recipes do but I find that it’s unnecessary here. You gotta try this Cassava cake ala Don Benito’s with Macapuno and sprinkle lots of cheese on top. This site contains affiliate links. In the photos, I achieved those clean edges by refrigerating the cake first before cutting. Remove from oven and top with grated cheddar cheese. Preheat your oven to 350F and grease a 9×13 inch baking dish with baking spray. Which makes it tough and rubbery. For the detailed recipe, please scroll to the bottom of the page where you will find a printer-friendly recipe card and nutrition information. This sounds like an interesting and delicious dessert. It’s best served warm though so I just microwave the slices for about 20 seconds right out of the fridge. Try to spread it as evenly as you can. Remove from oven and allow to cool in baking dish before cutting into squares and serving. Add sugar when needed (your preferred taste). Your email address will not be published. By checking this box, I give consent to receiving email communication from The Unlikely Baker. The Unlikely Baker . It looks really good though. Cassava cake with macapuno is a traditional Filipino dessert made of grated cassava, coconut milk, condensed milk and macapuno, which is soft, chewy coconut meat. Nutrition values provided on this site are estimates only. (Looking for other easy merienda ideas? This Cassava Cake is heavenly delicious, its cheesy and slightly sweet. Similar to what my mother makes. This cassava cake looks so delicious and it’s my first time of hearing about it. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. It’s my mother’s fave from back home and she says it tastes exactly as she remembers. I have never had this kind of cake before, but I think I have had cassava. But how do you really achieve a melt in… Continue reading Cassava Cake with Macapuno and Cheese Allow the cake to cool before serving warm. Cassava is a nutty-flavoured, starchy root vegetable. In this recipe, we’re using bottled macapuno in syrup. Continue to bake your cassava cake until the top is caramelized. I don’t use a mixer when making this easy cassava cake with macapuno. This just means that instead of the usual solid coconut flesh, the coconut where macapuno comes from produces meat that is softer, more translucent, almost like jelly. Hi Ruthie, glad you liked it! I mix everything by hand and only use 1 bowl. https://www.panlasangpinoyrecipes.com/cassava-macapuno-cake-recipe It looks and sounds tasty and I always like to try new things. STIR. See Terms of Use for more information. In the photos, I achieved those clean edges by refrigerating the cake first before cutting. I can’t wait to give it a try. Find me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube. Cassava is known under a variety of names, including manioc, yuca, and Brazilian arrowroot. Smush the softened butter to the sides of the bowl to make sure it is incorporated. It’s popular in Filipino cooking but it’s important to note that cassava must be cooked properly because raw cassava can be poisonous.