Add the butter to a heavy-bottomed, light-colored pan (we like using an 8-inch stainless steel sauté pan — the color makes it easier to see the color of the butter). ©2020 My Baking Addiction. Or something in between cookies and cake. My obsession with these baked delights started with these Cherry Garcia Bars. Subscribe to updates: Pour the brown butter into a large mixing bowl and let it cool slightly. Line a 9”x13” metal pan with parchment and lightly grease. Heat over medium for 6 minutes, stirring constantly. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed the recipe – thanks so much for leaving your feedback! Fold the white chocolate, butterscotch, and walnut pieces into the mixture. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Design by Purr. I’m not sure what the actual definition of a blondie might be (or if there even is one), but I guess they are just a bar version of cookies. In a saucepan, add the diced butter … If you have never baked with brown butter before, I urge you do so, it lends such a delightful, nutty dimension to sweets. Learn more about me and my recipes! Mine turned out a lot like a cake-y brownie. 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder Try not to walk away from the butter, as it can go from brown … The butter will foam, turn clear, and then turn a golden brown color. Your email address will not be published. I am wanting to make a larger batch 🙂. via Email. In a saucepan over medium heat, cook the butter until it turns golden brown; remove from heat, and let cool. Butterscotch Blondie Recipe. Make the brown butter: In a small pan set over medium heat, melt the butter and cook until it turns brown and smells nutty, about 5 minutes. Try not to walk away from the butter, as it can go from brown to burned very quickly. Going to try these next. Sunday evening rolled around and the sound of Faith Hill’s Monday Night Football tune was echoing in my living room, so I headed into the kitchen to escape the sound of colliding helmets and found the butterscotch chips staring me down. Bake in preheated oven until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes (do not overbake). Butter a 9-by-13-inch baking pan. It’s also called a blonde brownie or a blondie. You can enter your email address below to get new recipes sent to you. A question, would semi sweet chocolate chips work in this? Place the butter in a small heavy-bottomed pot. 1. Now, getting the rich butterscotch flavor comes from. Hi, I'm Linda, mother of three and Mimi to one. 1 cup butterscotch chips. I always forget what ingredients I have stored away in my pantry. One of my son’s friends wanted something with butterscotch and I stumbled upon this recipe in my search. I just made these! This was my first “brown butter” recipe and I’m guessing that’s what made them so delicious. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Can you believe I’ve never made a blondie?! In my opinion, brownies don’t have enough “chew” to them. 1 1/4 cups {2 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, plus more for pan Using the paddle attachment, beat on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Meanwhile, whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt together in a large bowl. 3 large eggs Brown butter is my all time favorite! So good and yummy-great dunked in hot tea or coffee. Or, you know, hot buttered rum. Heat the butter on low until it’s fully melted, then turn the temperature up to medium. It was my first time cooking with browned butter and they were so delicious! I know that sounds weird, but I guess it’s just a texture thing. Stir and scrape the bottom of the pan with a heat-proof spatula as the butter browns. Attach bowl to mixer; add eggs. Brown butter and white chocolate give these butterscotch blondies a flavor to love, bite after bite! These look awesome! I haven’t tried that, but it seems like they would come out a bit thick. Thanks for sharing! Good thing you put those butterscotch chips on the counter! via RSS This recipe makes a 9” x 9” pan of blondies, but you can easily double it if you’re feeding a crowd. FOR THE BROWN BUTTER CHOCOLATE BUTTERSCOTCH BLONDIES Preheat oven to 325°F and position the baking racks in the middle. In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine browned butter and both sugars; stir with a wooden spoon until combined. Fold in butterscotch chips and pour into prepared pan. loves the darn things. This post may contain affiliate links. I make a browned butter frosting for pumpkin cookies, and I can’t wait to try this delicious combo too. I never tried browned butter in anything before. So nutty and delicious! Let me know if you give it a shot! Then white chocolate came to mind, too. For the complete recipe, you can click here. Scrape into the prepared pan and bake for 26-30 minutes, until the top cracks and the blondies are firm to the touch. What are you waiting for? The result is a chewy, tender, soft, and rich blondie filled with little nuggets of butterscotch-y caramel goodness. I wanted to make something you could take to holiday gatherings, so butterscotch came to mind. Lish- Learn how your comment data is processed. Line a 9x9 baking pan with parchment paper. Hi, thanks so much for stopping by. I think I must be a freak of nature or something because just about everyone I know (including you, right?) 1 1/2 teaspoons salt Foreign Inspiration. 3. Make sure you provide plenty of milk! Just try not to eat all of the batter or you’ll be buzzing on a serious sugar high. Make the brown butter: In a small pan set over medium heat, melt the butter and cook until it turns brown and smells nutty, about 5 minutes. They look delicious and brown butter is one of my new favorite ingredients to use! Problem is my pantry is bursting at the seams…I mean seriously, who needs five bags of butterscotch chips? Place the butter in a small heavy-bottomed pot. Add flour mixture until thoroughly combined. Your email address will not be published. Imagine how adorable these would be if you took a set of autumn cookie cutters to them for some festive holiday flair. Set aside. I made these last weekend and they were a big hit!! Stir in the beaten eggs. Brown Butter Butterscotch Blondies, say that five times fast! These looks delish. Tempting Twists: Toss in some pecan or toffee chips for a delicious variation on this Brown Butter Blondies recipe. You may notice that I am referring to these as “blondies,” not “brown butter butterscotch blonde brownies.” As explained last year, Nick insists on calling these “blondies.” Besides all New York and UNC sports, it is literally his top passion in life to argue with me over the name of this treat. My thighs and I thank you! The texture is perfect. Required fields are marked *. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line the bottom of an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper. Welcome to The Wanderlust Kitchen, where I share recipes and travel adventures from all around the world.