Optimal Shift Points. . So even if the amount of acceleration is lessening, you're still being pushed forward with a greater "force" than if you were to shift to the next gear. Why does chrome need access to Bluetooth? I want to shift a line right some points, regardless of its slope. There will be a page talking about how to do gearing tuning. MathJax reference. The answer to this question is that for most cars, the optimal shift point for every gear is on the red line. Right Shift: y=m(x-c)+b (c=right shift, negative = left shift). Is this correct even if I get two different answers for slope-intercept form? Question: Shift The Equilibrium Points E1, E2, E3, E4, E5, And E6 On The Interactive Graph To Map Out The Network Demand Curve. The y-intercept of the line after peak torque is 392+(-2.568)×(-4400/60)=580.32. no, 90% of the cam threads are ones looking for a good lope sound.... 2004 GTO, Stock LS1 internals, EDC custom cam, TVS2300 @ 14PSI, ETP heads. As we can see there are intersections between the transmission torque curves, this confirms the existence of optimal shift points before red line. Stack Exchange network consists of 176 Q&A communities including Stack Overflow, the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. Also, you're looking at the change in acceleration ("jerk" is the technical term), not at the actual acceleration. Is there a name for applying estimation at a lower level of aggregation, and is it necessarily problematic? Remember that two points make a line? When people talk about how fast a car can go, they usually quote the 0-100km/h time. It means for every $x$, we're going to move its associated $y$ to $x + v$ instead. I teach physics on a graduate level and look forward to all the work you have done here. Mathematics Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for people studying math at any level and professionals in related fields. I promise that I will read this later, but it's too early in the morning. Do other planets and moons share Earth’s mineral diversity? This new engine speed is called transmission engine speed. Did Star Trek ever tackle slavery as a theme in one of its episodes? Squeezing another 50 rwhp out of one of those setups would be like trying to squeeze the sarcasm out of MuhThugga. You can view the raw data here.. So the torque curve is: P.S. However, the acceleration of the car is greatly reduced because power is smaller at lower engine speed. If the gearing designer did a good job, he/she should make the red line the optimal shift point in every gear. Thanks for your time and effort, this is something i'm sure will go much appreciated. To subscribe to this RSS feed, copy and paste this URL into your RSS reader. . not gonna happen. In this case, you either have to tune the gearing or if you are short on money, learn how to shift before red line. How to shift a line in a graph regardless of slope? Finite Math. Algebra. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Consequently, I hear a lot of misinformation about them – Such as people thinking you need to shift at peak power. With this formula and convert the engine speed to RPM, we obtain the optimal shift point table. Drag Max RPM slider to adjust the range of the RPM and km/h Gauges. To confirm that, we need to plot the transmission torque curves for each gear. For the sake of convenience, we call this product, transmission torque. . I love this thread, very nice work FSAE_Junkie. That is just awesome. Since we have the same tire radius and final drive ratio for each gear, it turns out that the only thing we need to care about is the product of torque and the k-th gear ratio. In a output torque vs road speed graph, this would be where the torque curve lines for two adjacent gears intersect. ΕΙ E2 E3 E4 E5 E6 SI S2 S3 54 SS S6 Price ($) ADDONADONAN MERE D2 D1 0 100 200 300 400 500 600 700 800 Number Of Users 900 1,000 In "Star Trek" (2009), why does one of the Vulcan science ministers state that Spock's application to Starfleet was logical but "unnecessary"? In addition, your explanation in parenthesis looks wrong. Let's construct a function which does just that and call it $f_3(x)$. Looking for instructions for Nanoblock Synthesizer (NBC_038), Looking for a function that approximates a parabola. If it is substantially lower, there is a good chance that there exists an optimal shift point before red line.