Find the right electric water heater for your home. A. O. Smith Water Heaters Innovation has a name. Smith range of water heaters, boilers, tanks and renewable energy systems. Smith water heater installed, and the product packaging label data for that new AOS electric water heater. Installed by previous owner, no manual. What is the age, please? Looking for the manufacture date of: MF01-0047213-248If I'm correct in this.... it was made in June of 2001 ... is that correct? Determine the AO Smith Water Heater Age. A.O. KC I would decode an AO Smith water heater serial number MB00-0070742 as follows:Factory M. My AO Smith water heater serial number is MB00-0070742. Smith CONDENSING WATER HEATER TROUBLESHOOTING GUIDE, TB-A028-06 - A. O. SMITH - FVIR INTELLI-VENT TROUBLESHOOTING CHART, ELECTRIC WATER HEATER STANDBY LOSSES: COMPARISON OF CONSERVATION STRATEGIES AND THEIR ENERGY SAVINGS, HOME INSPECTION EDUCATION COURESES (Canada), HOME INSPECTION EDUCATION: HOME STUDY COURSES, Wrong dip switch setting, possibly LP gas set when the fuel is Natural gas, or vice versa. - example: Could the lack of a TCO in the new thermocouple have caused this or is it something else? Check wire connections and if no loose wire, replace teh AFR rod. Is it better to keep the power turn on or turn it on and off to conserve electricity? First, you have to take a look at the first four digits of the serial numbers. A.O Smith is the one company that has been delivering hot water solutions for more than 70 years. Under idealized conditions, the upper limit of savings achievable with a clock-timer would be to reduce standby losses to zero for the duration of the u"off" time by completely using the last tankful of heated water. 4.5 out of 5 stars 93. Why should a tankless water heater have an isolator/service valve kit installed? This company coded its water heaters by style. Can you use a light switch for a water heater disconnect? A.O. AO Smith puts the year first (1991), and the month second (07, or JULY). Perhaps you can attach a photo. Can the temperature and pressure relief (TPR) valve discharge pipe for a mobile/manufactured home water heater terminate under the home? We can see the serial number of our water heater to determine the manufactures or age of AO Smith water heater. AJ89xxx = made in October (J) of 1989. Rheem or Ruud This was yesterday. )Please attach a photo of the data tag. It is good to know about the age of your water heater. Contact your plumber or AO Smith technical support at the location given above in this article. Or use the SEARCH BOX found below to Ask a Question or Search InspectApedia. Ao Smith Water Heater Filter. Why is the water heater older than the house? Which is why you, our customers, can count on us to provide you with the perfect water heater solution for any application—day after day, year after year. American Water Heater … What might come as a surprise is the fact that we view this accomplishment as a mere beginning—an indication of even greater things to come. If not, then write down your serial number as it usually indicates the year and month of manufacture of the water heater. Scott C. LeMarr has provided his file of keys to decode. Get Started. My wife and I need to replace our 17 year old A.O. Probably couldn't run it out of hot water if you tried. With increasing need for cost saving and energy efficiency, A.O. We also provide a MASTER INDEX to this topic, or you can try the page top or bottom SEARCH BOX as a quick way to find information you need. Their date decoding is a little different. employee. We are in Florida and provide plenty of information about hurricanes and sinkholes, for example, but nothing on basements and ice dams. It's a safety device focused on proper gas ignition. A. O. Smith Signature Series water heaters are exclusively available through Lowe's. • What is the difference between a regular water heater and a power vent water heater? • What does it mean when a water heater Temperature/Pressure Relief (TPR) discharge pipe is "trapped"? We give contact information for AO Smith water heater, geyser, cylinder, calorifier manufacturers and for water heater installation, operation, & troubleshooting manuals. Can I leave a gas water heater in place when remodeling a garage into a family room or bedroom? and What's that powdery crust on the pipe connections at the water heater? So the data plates shown below indicate that the water heaters were manufactured in 1989 and 2004. A.O. A. O. Smith's water treatment line is available exclusively at Lowe's. Does a tankless water heater require a pressure relief valve? We own a AO smith has water heater. When a gas fired water heater burner won't turn OFF indeed I suspect a bad temperature sensor or thermostatic control. Regular price $0 00 $0.00. It flashes six times but no hot water. Ser# FB00A123456 that's explained in the article, as Ser# FB00A123456 decodes to F=Factory code, B=month code using A - N for January - December (the letter I is not used) and the next two digits encode the year. • Can you wire a 240-volt water heater with 120 volts? They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. Hope this information helps some people out - A.O.S. Here’s links to a collection of more blog posts about WATER HEATERS: • Can a Temperature and Pressure Relief (TPR or T&P) valve be mounted to discharge horizontally? • Can the temperature and pressure relief (TPR) valve discharge pipe for a mobile/manufactured home water heater terminate under the home?