We can make a lot of money, Rostrum Records Wants To Release All Of Wiz Khalifa & Mac Miller’s Old Mixtapes On Streaming Services, Mac Miller Faces His Personal Demons On The J. Cole-Produced “Hurt Feelings”, Mac Miller Says He & Post Malone Are Considering Doing A Joint Album, read all the lyrics to Mac Miller’s “2009”. “I did the whole beat [on ‘2009’]. He just seemed like a really humble, warm person. It’s real emotional. The way he did the song, he did it so quickly. It’s one of those songs that brings you back to a time that you can smell how it smelled when you first heard it, type thing. It was a sample chop that I had. It’s relevant to a lot of people. Listen to the song above and read all the lyrics to Mac Miller’s “2009” on Genius now. On the Eric G-produced “2009,” Mac reflects on life before his breakthrough 2010 mixtape K.I.D.S. It was just a beat on my computer that I had. He was looking all healthy and stuff. It’s just fluid. He does the whole first half, and he goes, ‘Oh, that was tight.’ Then he did the rest a little later, but he didn’t write anything down, or anything. “Nowadays all I do is shine, take a breath and ease my mind.”, Isn’t it funny? In a recent Rolling Stone profile, he revealed that he’s already back been in the studio with Swimming collaborator Thundercat as well as Frank Dukes and Post Malone, even teasing a joint project with the latter artist. Mac Miller/YouTube Miller's 2012 mixtape "Macadelic" was, in many ways, a response to the critical reception of his debut studio album, "Blue Slide Park.". You know, those things that make you time travel? We just had a lot of similarities as far as the content of ‘2009,’ and stuff. Mac Miller; 2009 Lyrics Mac Miller – 2009. He was a really—I hate the expression—down-to-earth dude. “He was like, ‘Play me some beats.’ And the first or second beat I played was that one. We just talked about that for hours, going in and outside, smoking cigarettes. The chords. Mac Miller’s latest album Swimming takes listeners on a trip inside the Pittsburgh rapper’s head. © 2020 The DJ Booth LLC. Lyrics to "2009" by MAC MILLER: Yeah, Eric, well / I don't need to lie no more / Nowadays all I do is shine, take a breath and ease my mind / And she don't cry no more / She tell me that I get her high 'cause an angel's s'posed to fly, and / I ain't asking, "why?" “2009” has proven to be the hardest Mac Miller record to write about. He just always did. Mac Miller Fans Also Like: Billie Eilish song meanings 5 Seconds of Summer song meanings Harry Chapin song meanings Bruce Springsteen song meanings Ariana Grande song meanings … “I can’t think of more of a pure person.”, “He defined himself with everything he stood for.”, “I just know that one of the last things I told that man was I loved him.”, “I’m so thankful and happy that I met this person.”, “He just loved [hip-hop] and wanted to uplift other people in it as much as he wanted to be great himself.”, “Not only did he change my life by the music he made, but he changed my life as a person.”, “He was honest and he’s just a person, you know?”. He was honest and he’s just a person, you know?”. “2009” has proven to be the hardest Mac Miller record to write about. It was relevant to my life, in a way. It was in Seattle when he was on tour [Editor’s Note: Mac was on ‘The Divine Feminine’ tour, around November 2016]. Yeah Eric Well I don't need to lie no more Nowadays all I do is shine, take a breath and ease my mind And she don't cry no more So [we were] in Seattle, at the studio I was talking about. You can feel how you felt. He was sober for a while at this point. Our latest installment in Year of Mac is a special interview with close friend and collaborator Syd, of The Internet. It means the same thing to me now, as it did then, but a lot more. He was telling me stories about shit that you probably wouldn’t wanna tell. Throughout the project, he works through depression, addiction, and heartache while trying to find a peace of mind. Miller wanted to be taken more seriously as an artist. Went to the studio for two nights in a row. It’s crazy that it just came off the top of his head like that. Miller wanted to be taken more seriously as an artist. In the week following Mac Miller's death, this debuted at #33 on the Hot 100. I did the whole thing. The references to Mac go behind the lyrics; fans also think Grande sampled the Miller's song "2009" from his album, Swimming, which was released … Then he’ll play guitar, then he’ll play bass. It was just me and him there, and I was kinda going through my own thing at the time and I was asking him for advice. He works really fast and does a lot of stuff at all times. So, in the spirit of Year of Mac, I reached out to the man behind the production, Eric G, who you may know from his extensive work with 9th Wonder and Rapsody. You know? Right off his first thought and instinct. From there, we became friends and when he would come into town on tour, I’d go hang out with him. Then he put it in Pro Tools, and then he paced around for a little bit and did the first whole half of the song in a pitch black booth with no phone or anything. [Chorus] G C I don't need to lie no more Am Em Nowadays all I do is shine, take a breath and ease my mind, and G C She don't cry no more Am She tell me that I get her high 'cause a angel's s'posed to fly, and G C I ain't askin', "Why?" Instead of overthinking anything, he just goes. “2009” has proven to be the hardest Mac Miller record to write about. Original material is licensed under a Creative Commons License permitting non-commercial sharing with attribution. Mac Miller’s latest album Swimming takes listeners on a trip inside the Pittsburgh rapper’s head. - "2009" "2009" is fan-favorite from what would be Mac's last full body of work with Swimming, which he released back in August. “It was really important to me that we were able to talk about what we were able to talk about, and have it come out in the music. Mac Miller Lyrics, Songs, Albums And More at SongMeanings! I did all the drums, the bass, the piano. I don’t even know how he did it, and for it to be so meaningful. 1 Comment; 0 Tags; Yeah (Eric) Well I don't need to lie no more Nowadays all I do is shine, take a breath and ease my mind, and She don't cry no more She tell me that I get her high 'cause a angel's s'posed to fly, and I ain't askin', "Why?" He’ll play drums. Rest in Peace, Mac Miller. Mac Miller - 2009 Lyrics & Traduction. “We have a couple other songs that never came out, but ‘2009’ was the first one that I actually got to be there to record with him. That speaks a lot to people’s talent, too. Mac Miller "Self Care": Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah Yeah, yeah, yeah I switched the time zone, but what do I know? “I met him in North Carolina at 9th [Wonder]’s studio, the Jamla studio. It holds a lot of relevancy considering the situation. “When we recorded [‘2009’], it felt like something super meaningful to me. The studio we were at, they had a big audio room, and he just played drums in there all crazy and came back in the room and played piano. In his own words, Eric G remembers Mac Miller and breaks down the making of “2009,” which Mac recorded in a pitch black booth in Seattle, in 2016, off the top of his head. Magic. I would talk to him a lot about that stuff and he would give me advice. Not even a second thought. Updated September 12, 2020 “Self Care” is a song by the late American rapper and singer Mac Miller (also known as Larry Fisherman). I think a lot of people think he’s just a rapper, which is fine, but he’s multi-talented. “That’s what’s really crazy about working with him, too, is that he will sit down and play piano. Paroles de chansons / M / Mac Miller / 2009. He wouldn’t think of who he is, type of thing. He also alludes to his ex-girlfriend, pop singer Ariana Grande: From there, Mac references the album’s theme of moving forward through depression each day: Later on, Mac ponders whether life would’ve been better if he wasn’t a rapper who was caught up in the throes of addiction: The song closes out on a high note, as Mac says his state of mind is better than ever: While Swimming has earned considerable praise and is projected to debut in the Top 5 of the Billboard 200, Mac continues to work on new music. It was really crazy to watch. I saw him the next day and he was showing me, played it for everyone who was on the tour, and all his close friends, and everyone said they cried. He just kind of exists, going with it. It’s just insane. song lyrics, song meanings, albums, music and more. Everything! On the chorus, Mac shares what he’s learned about taking each day one breath at a time. That was the best part of the friendship. That one moment, him listening and… He’s just so honest about what’s going on with him. We had dinner at the Space Needle one night, with him and Ariana and all the people on tour. Mac Miller/YouTube Miller's 2012 mixtape "Macadelic" was, in many ways, a response to the critical reception of his debut studio album, "Blue Slide Park.". It was Miller's first Top 40 entry as a lead artist and second overall following his featured contribution to Ariana Grande's "The Way," which peaked at #9 in 2013.